“Fantastic food in an atmospheric setting.”

The Old Registry Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Haworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Salford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food in an atmospheric setting.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were staying for the weekend at the Old Registry and treated ourselves to an evening meal on the Friday for our Wedding Anniversary. The service was excellent, the staff very friendly. We chose not to have wine and my husband had Real Ale whilst I had vodka. The bar prices are reasonable as is the food. The food itself was beautiful. I didn't have a starter (I'd rather have a pudding!!) but my husband did and he said it was lovely. We both chose lamb for our main course, this is not my favourite meat at all but there is only a limited menu. This is acceptable given the size of the actual restaurant, very small but this gives an intimate feel and we ended up speaking to the 'neighbours'. The lamb was stunning and I would order it more often elsewhere if I could guarantee this quality. Even the vegetables were the tastiest I have eaten! I ordered Bailey profiteroles for dessert. Again, amazing!! So light that I actually finished the dish (a very unusual occurrence as my eyes are bigger than my belly!!). We of course had breakfast there on Saturday and Sunday and, again, the food was just gorgeous. I didn't really want to leave such a glowing report as I would have liked to keep this a secret just for me, but it was so good it would be unfair to!!!

• Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
yorkshire
“Wonderfull”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a lovely place for your evening meal. Beautifull food. My husband & i both had the hake wrapped in bacon - wow - so lovely. The plates were hot , which is always a plus & the vegetables which accompanied the fish were cooked perfectly. My husband finished with a lemon curd icecream - so creamy & I had a jam sponge which was so light. You must keep the chef. We had a lovely waitress, always with a smile & the young man greeted us on arrival & made us feel welcome. Certainly a well run restaurant and felt very cosy. Probably would be very nice to do an over night stay sometime

Visited October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“First Class”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We loved everything about our stay at the Old Registry in July.
The food and service were excellent and our accommodation in this lovely beautifully decorated old house a highlight of our trip.
Can highly recommend

• Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Keighley, United Kingdom
“Ticks all the boxes with no reservations !”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We dined here last night for our wedding anniversary, having read all the good reviews, and , was not disappointed, normally we go out for a meal, and usually I have to say it was good, but there is always a but to follow........ However there was non of that, we had first class service, the food was excellent and the ambience was perfect...I really could not fault it.

Despite their obvious success, they are not resting on their laurels ! they are very eager to please.. I just need an excuse to go back soon !!!!

• Visited October 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly reccommended”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went here for the first time with our neighbours having read good reviews. I am always slightly apprehensive about inviting friends to somewhere I have not been before, but I need not have been. We were not disappointed. I am a particularly fussy eater(my husband says) but I could have gladly eaten anything on the menu. I had red onion and goats cheese tart - the pastry was obvoiusly home made - lovely. My husband has potted shrimps which I tasted and were also excellent. For mains I had red mullet from the specials board and my husband had the duck. Our friends had lemon sole and lamb neck fillet. All the meals were well presented and we all enjoyed what we had. Due to the fact we had an early start the next day we did not stay for dessert, but menu was very tempting. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013