“Second and last time.”

Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Haworth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had a disappointing meal here about 12 months ago, saw some decent reviews on here so we gave it another go last week.
Both had tomato and basil soup to start, small bowl full with a small warm white bap, tasted ok.
My partner had fish, chips and peas. Average sized fish which looked awful, tiny pot of peas and a small amount of chips. Remarkably the fish tasted ok, so did the rest of it.
I went for the steak and ale pie chips and veg. The 'plate' pie was average in size and dry as sticks, fortunately there was some gravy. Small amount of decent chips and an average portion of microwaved watery veg, still had some of the clingfilm on the bowl.
I nearly forgot to mention, still a cold draught around your legs virtually constantly. Went into the bottom room initially, which was empty, we soon realised why, very cold, one radiator wasn't even on, the other was luke warm, it was only 4 degrees outside.
All in all we left disappointed and (food)£30 worse off. I think that we'll be leaving it longer than I year before we return next time.

JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello , and thank you for your review , although not one of our best.
I'm ever so sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience , and that the food didn't seem to
be up to our usual high standard.

I was a bit confused concerning the draft , as we always have our big coal fire burning away during winter , which heats the venue up much more than the radiators.
The radiators do have individual thermostats , which sometimes can get turned on or off by customers , to suit their needs. A quick word with any member of staff would have fixed this for you.

Hopefully , you'll give us another chance , and we can try and make it up to you.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went here for lunch with my senior friend and had an excellent Christmas lunch, I would recommend a visit here.

Excellent food, full of character and extremely friendly staff.

There is a very good menu and drinks selection and this is also complimented by a good range of specials including many locally sourced ingredients.

I hope to return in the very near future as I am sure that I will enjoy the experience and atmosphere here every time I visit.

1  Thank Lee M
Reviewed December 5, 2013

our party of 6 adults and 1 child eat here over the scroggling the holly weekend consisting of Friday Saturday and Sunday.
The friendly waitress kindly booked reserved tables for Saturday evening and Sunday lunch just as well as it is always busy especially the Sunday.
eat here as a visitor many times over the past 30+ years and have never been disappointed.
the menu price can seem expensive but the menu is varied and of large portions, and when you taste the food it is delicious with locally sourced quality produce,and that includes the children's meals.
always a great atmosphere with a roaring coal fire and tourists and locals with there dogs, the bar staff waiters and waitresses always do there best to serve you quickly and always apologize during very busy periods if there is a delay with the food.
I can highly recommend Haworth Old Hall,there is a reason why tourists and local's alike keep coming back.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great food, had an enormous slice of pie with more quality meat than you could shake a stick at! Good selection of ales, a real fire, good quick service. Great choice of gluten free food and vegetarian options. Nice atmosphere too. We ate at lunchtime and although quite busy the staff were quite on the ball, and looked happy!

JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review , nice to see the steak and ale pie get the credit it deserves.
Our head chef David Kaye has been making it to the same recipe for the last twelve years.
Also , thank you for your feedback on the gluten free options , this is somewhere we are always looking to improve on , glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Chummy staff in a pleasant village, easy parking in a town with not much room for cars, log fire and fairly priced food with excellent beer and our dog was allowed in the bar. Our evening meal was really restaurant quality and if ever we're in the area again we'll eat here.

JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Brilliant , thank you Roger , the fire has been on full capacity this week , especially with this cold weather , just another great reason to have a bite and a pint.
Glad you enjoyed your evening meal , we do make everything fresh and try to use as much local produce as possible , it's worth it when we get reviews like this.

Cheers