“Greatest Tour Ever!”
Review of Bronte Walks

Bronte Walks
Ranked #6 of 16 things to do in Haworth
More attraction details
Owner description: The Passionate Brontes is an inspiring and entertaining stroll through the lives and times of Rev Patrick Bronte's remarkable family.The guide uses their poems, letters and novels to weave their story into the fabric of the village.This is a gentle stroll with a relaxed pace that lasts just over an hour and covers less than half a mile around the top of the village and finishes the story in the Bronte Chapel.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Johnnie was the most amazing tour guide I have ever had. His ability to bring history to life and connect with all those on the tour, as well as his poetic candor, make him a true gem. I would say that his tour was the highlight of our trip, and made us forget that the Parsonage was closed for the season. I honestly walked away feeling like I had learned great life lessons. Could not recommend any higher. Only five pounds for the tour, though I think he should charge more for what he offers.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was quite simply one of the stand-out experiences of our trip up to Haworth. The narrator's energy, married with his descriptive account of the life of a Bronte was, on a cold and autumnal afternoon, quite captivating. I'd have paid more than a fiver for the privilege. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We (2 adults and 3 teenagers) took this walk on a cold Saturday morning and were so pleased that we did. Johnnie kept us captivated for the duration - and catered for everyone in our group -which ranged from an 8 year old boy to an American student who obviously knew her 'Brontes'. It gave depth to our visit to Haworth and we all left feeling we understood a bit more about the life of the Brontes.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was visiting a friend in Bradford and i decided to go to Haworth to refresh my memories about the Brontes. I joyned Johnnie Briggs' tour at the last moment and this was a great decision. Johnnie tells a fascinating story, full of social history, on the Bronte family;and even if you are not interested in literature, it is a story so well told by Johnnie, so entertaining as well as moving that you will love this tour and may be once you get home you'll pick up Wuthering Heights and read it again...

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My partner and I decided to book this tour on Sunday (14/10/12) and I am so thrilled that we did. Johnnie was quite simply a brilliant guide, hugely knowledgeable regarding the Bronte family and his passion for their history transparent.

I wasn’t aware of just how much tragedy the Bronte family endured and I defy anyone taking the tour not feel a stir of emotion. Johnnie delivers the story beautifully and to add even further insight he includes charming and poignant excerpts from poems and personal letters written by various members of the Bronte family.

Haworth is an enchanting village which becomes even more fascinating when you dig a bit deeper into the history surrounding it. I’m so glad we did this tour before walking to Top Withens, it made the walk even more atmospheric. A truly captivating experience, thank you Johnnie.