“Hauntingly beautiful”
Review of Bronte Walks

Bronte Walks
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Haworth
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Yorkshire with Brontë Walks. We offer tours, guides and so much more to make your visit to Yorkshire a memorable one. I am a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for Yorkshire and my love of the county and in particular Haworth and the moors that surround it is the inspiration for my work. I offer a wide range of guides walks, tours, support for tour companies, meet and greet services, day tours, drive tours and extended tours across the whole of Yorkshire. My job is to help you discover Yorkshire and all that it has to offer. The ‘Passionate Brontës’ is our acclaimed walking tour of Haworth that tells the story of the Brontë family. I use their letters, poems and writing to weave the story into the social fabric of the times. This is offered as either a scheduled walk that all are welcome to join, or as a private tour. It is the most wonderful prelude to visiting the Parsonage Museum. The times for these walks do vary and it is best to check when they are running.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My partner and I decided to book this tour on Sunday (14/10/12) and I am so thrilled that we did. Johnnie was quite simply a brilliant guide, hugely knowledgeable regarding the Bronte family and his passion for their history transparent.

I wasn’t aware of just how much tragedy the Bronte family endured and I defy anyone taking the tour not feel a stir of emotion. Johnnie delivers the story beautifully and to add even further insight he includes charming and poignant excerpts from poems and personal letters written by various members of the Bronte family.

Haworth is an enchanting village which becomes even more fascinating when you dig a bit deeper into the history surrounding it. I’m so glad we did this tour before walking to Top Withens, it made the walk even more atmospheric. A truly captivating experience, thank you Johnnie.

All reviews
"wuthering heights"
in 13 reviews
"perfect guide"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"english teacher"
"amazing family"
"two hours"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Go on this walk with Johnnie before visiting the Parsonage as he paints a vivid picture on a thoroughly interesting, informative walk around Haworth. He obviously loves his subject and conveys that love to those lucky enough to go on his walk. Well worth the money.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Have just been on a new walk with Bronte Walk, the Haworths Horrible History Tour. It was great fun for me (the mum) and the children lots of poo and wee stories which the kids loved and made the mums squirm, a wonderful tale of Lily the hot air baloon and room 7 (you will have to go on the tour to find out more) and lastly found myself down and dark and dingy alley with Johnnie (dont worry the kids were with us!).

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Today we (2 mums & 4 kids 13,10,9 girls &7 y.o boy)were guinea pigs for Johnnie's trial run for a Horrible History tour of Haworth. It was a great way to explore the village without the kids noticing they were walking! Johnnies enthusiasm is infectious - we all lapped up the information. Definately
a pastime to look out for. The kids thought it was the best part of our 24 hr jaunt to Haworth - we stayed in The Youth Hostel,took a train ride to Keighly,played in the park and checked out all the quirky shops.

1  Thank Eleanor D
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Thank you to, Johnnie and Bronte Walks, for the most fascinating and poignant walk about the world, lives and loves of the Bronte women.
Listening to excerpts from the works of the Bronte family while walking about their world in the 19th century....hearing explanations of the culture and working demands of the mill towns....all put into proper context helped us understand the moral imperatives of what drove the Bronte sisters and their writing ethic.
We so enjoyed and highly recommend this walk to anyone interested in this world....even if you aren't-- it is highly edifying and makes us appreciate the life that once produced Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and the rest of the literature so valuable to our pedestrian human existence!

Thank you very much...5 stars to Johnnie!