The Old White Lion Hotel
$74
$63
$127
Great 4.5/5
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
$140
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbar menugame pieexcellent hotelbronte parsonageroom was very clean and comfortableevening meal in the restaurantlovely foodhotel restaurantthe pubworth valleycobbled streetlovely viewpatecar parkcooked to perfectionlasagnafish and chips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I spend at least 1 week a year at the White Lion (Live in CA USA) due to the fact the food is great the staff are wonderful, the beer is always good and the owners always have time for you. If your looking for a quiet stay in the timeless village of Haworth I would highly recommend the White Lion

Room Tip: Just call and tell the staff what you are looking for and they always try to accomodate
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very last minute one night stay. Very welcoming on arrival. Relatively small single room but clean and tidy with a comfortable bed. Location is great but that means car parking is limited - but an alternative is close by. I would recommend.

Room Tip: For a solo traveller 5 was fine. On the main street - so possible noise at weekends.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel the room was excellent (room 9) overlooking the Worth Valley. Staff very friendly and helpful breakfast cannot fault. We had several enjoyable meals in the bar areas and seating very comfortable. We did not eat in the restaurant due to the fact that we were quite happy with the meals offered on the bar menu,steak night excellent. The residence lounge is very welcoming with comfortable leather armchairs we spent most evenings watching tv with our drinks. No problem parking. This hotel offers comfort friendless good food and value for money. We will definately return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for the night recently at the last minute. My room was inexpensive and clean, with a comfortable bed and a corner kidney-shaped bath. It was perfect for my one night stay.

I had a pleasant dinner in the hotel restaurant at a very reasonable price, and the breakfast was very good with an excellent full English.

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They were all so friendly and it was a pleasure to meet them all.

There is a car park at the rear of the hotel and I had no trouble in finding a space.

The only downside was the noise from a pub close by which plays live music until midnight. I use earplugs so I was OK, but if you don't have them you are possibly going to be disturbed.

Room Tip: If you are able to, book a room which does not look out over the main street. I believe there are some rooms which look out over the dales. These will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This Hotel has the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. (Room 10) I am 65 and speak from experience. Besides that, the staff are all extremely friendly, the food excellent and its position almost next door to the Bronte's church and rectory (musuem) in Haworth makes it most recommendable

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family