“Lovely”

Ranked #17 of 40 Restaurants in Haworth
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent greeting by the owner, very warm and friendly atmosphere, excellent food and drink, I will personally recommend the chiicken supreme as both myself and my partner ordered on Sat 12th Jan 13, we were sat in the alcove giving the romance a heightened lift.
I will surely return

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wednesday the 9th January 2013, I took four business associates to Embers. I complained about my steak which was very tough, the waitress was excellent and said she would let "Martin" know. The owner appeared, brought my meal back to the table, cut a piece off the steak and proceeded to eat it at the table saying that there was nothing wrong with the steak. Martin then engaged in an argument with the whole table about the meal, he eventually said he would knock the price of the steak off the bill, and that he did not want us to go back to his restaurant. Very embarrassing in front of guests, and my guests said that their meals were only average but they didn't want to complain as they where guests. I was told later by the pub down the road that it was no wonder as he get his deliveries from Neto. Neto steaks for £21!!

4  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice spot for dinner on main street in Haworth. Nice per-dinner drinks upstairs and comfortable table in main dining room. Good selection on menu incl international dishes like enchilada and chilli con carne. 10 of us had a nice dinner incl king scallop, duck spring rolls, mussel starters; baked cod, chicken breat, pizza main courses. Very impressive house pay d'Oc red wine. One of our group didn't find the cod to his liking but everyone else enjoyed all the food. Waitresses were a little inexperienced but willing. Good value at £34 pp incl service.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have been here a few times now and have always enjoyed the food.

The menu is very varied in the types of dish they serve but there isn't a huge variety in the ingredients. I am a typical carnivore and usually there are only a couple of options for mains for me. For my unfussy other half the range is great.

Despite what I have stated above, the food is always prepared to a high degree of quality and I would never knock them on that.

The place is well presented and the staff are nice and attentive. There is also a nice range of drinks available.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Its been at least a couple of years since we have last dined at this restaurant, and my oh my what a change. It was good before, but now, its amazing. Im not sure if the chef has been changed, I didnt ask, but the food was much much better and absolutely delectable in every way. The menu, although not large, had enough of everything on to choose from. I chose the crab cakes, followed by the fillet of Cod. The food was immensely fresh, tasted delicious and the vegetables were just cooked to perfection. Not soggy or soft, and and still crisp and hard enough to have kept all their lovely colour. The service was excellent. Very attentive, polite staff. But not overly attentive where you feel like youre being bothered all the time. The bar area where we waited for approx. 15 minutes whilst we perused the menu was just lovely. A great wine list, and the six people in our party all thoroughly enjoyed their meal. I would say a vast improvement on the last time we were there. And I will most certainly be going back there again very soon. Overall a fantastic restaurant, lovely staff, ambient beautiful surroundings, and the food was just gorgeous in every way. Highly recommended to all, but I think you have to book to ensure a table. Cant emphasise enough how fantasticly fresh and tasty the food was. Perfect size portions, not too big so youre overfaced, but not too small where you leave feeling hungry still. Spot on. Loved every second of it. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank fendyweather