“Cosy and friendly”
Review of The Stirrup - CLOSED

The Stirrup
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant and tea-room serving locally sourced food, freshly prepared to a high standard. We are in a seasonal location and our opening ours are a guide for high season. Please contact us for further information at other times. We are open for Breakfast Lunch Afternoon-tea and Dinner(Friday and Saturday evenings only)
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Cosy and friendly”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good food and a reasonably varied choice. The staff went out of their way to please and nothing was too much trouble. A very pleasant experience.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank hyde66art2013

Gravesend
“If you're ever in Haworth be sure to try this restaurant it's a gem.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went for a meal on Saturday night to celebrate a friends birthday and as always the restaurant did not disappoint. The owners John and Polly were charming as ever and both came out to check that everything was OK. I had the belly pork and black pudding to start with and when I didn't want the wilted greens with it, was immediately offered red cabbage as an alternative and the little star shaped mashed potatoes that also went with it were gorgeous. The steak for main was cooked to perfection and was accompanied by some of the best onion rings I have ever had. The chef even came out to ask me if I would prefer mushrooms than salad with it already realising that having refused the wilted greens I may not be such a fan of all things green! For dessert I sampled for the first time in my life baked Alaska and that too was to die for. All in all a great evening and my friend enjoyed his birthday. If you're ever in Haworth I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Haworth
“Lovely friendly and welcoming restaurant”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Went to the stirrup on Saturday evening for a meal with our family to celebrate a 21st birthday. The food was delicious and the staff and owners very friendly going out of their way to make our evening special. The steaks are delicious and highly recommended. I would definitely eat here again. Haworth is a beautiful place to visit and this restaurant is a jewel in the crown!

• Visited November 2013
Yorkshire
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Chocolate fudge cake and carrot cake were both excellent. A clean and attractive cafe with a lovely selection of food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PricklesYorkshire
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

In the world of appalling pub lunches, bad sandwiches, boring jacket potatoes and stodgy sweets, someone has opened an actual restaurant! I find visiting Britain's heritage a martyr-like progression through a barren world of over-priced nosh and it is such a pleasant surprise to find a place that cares, and uses local ingredients to do it. Would recommend if you are in Haworth.

Visited October 2013