“Excellent Food and the best scones in Haworth”
Review of The Stirrup - CLOSED

The Stirrup
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant and tea-room serving locally sourced food, freshly prepared to a high standard. We are in a seasonal location and our opening ours are a guide for high season. Please contact us for further information at other times. We are open for Breakfast Lunch Afternoon-tea and Dinner(Friday and Saturday evenings only)
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just returned from our regular visit to the Stirrup Eating House situated on the main cobbled street of Haworth.
The food served at the Stirrup is always freshly prepared from the best ingredients and served by very pleasant staff., often by the Chef himself.
His freshly baked fruit and cheese scones are the best in Haworth. The Chef could give a Master Class on scone baking but may well have to give away too many of his secrets.
Looking forward to our next visit
Carole and David

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Shabby Chic Quaint Looking Building - Love it...

Our Breakfast at The Stirrup Eating House was cooked to perfection. Courteous staff. Clean facilities.
Gorgeous surroundings. Couldnt resist the homemade chocolate brownies for afternoon tea... simply delicious.........definately will visit again in a couple months time.

I cannot fault this restaurant at all.

I would Recommend this little goldmine to all.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to Haworth to visit the steam train and found this place.. It's cute, quirky and full of charm and to top it off the food is amazing... The menu has something for everyone and is good value for money, the desserts are to die for... The dishes are fresh and well presented... i just wish i lived closer!! We were made to feel extremely welcome even with our 1 year old and even went back for a full English the next day. :) would defiantly recommend here to everyone.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner one evening as live in Haworth and usually go embers and wanted to ring the changes a bit!

The reason I have avoided the stirrup is after going there once and finding the seating quite tight, and I found it to be still the same now. I know they want as many covers as possible but it difficult to sit comfortably at some of the tables.

The food however was very good and very tasty! Quite a good selection on the menu to choose from. Didn't have room for a pudding but the ones I saw going past looked very tempting! All in all I would go back for the food although it is a little lacking in atmosphere due to the seating arrangements.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on 21st June and it was delicious. We and the 2 course deal, £18.50pp. I had the sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce, fried onion rings, mushrooms and chips and it was cooked medium as I had asked, perfect. My husband had steak and root pie with vegetables and chips and he said it was delicious. The desserts were lovely too, sticky toffee pudding and mixed berry Eton Mess, plates were licked clean! The atmosphere was good, we sat next to the window so were able to look out onto the very pretty cobbled street. We returned a couple of days later for lunch which was equally as nice.