“Lovely food, great value”
Review of The Stirrup

The Stirrup
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Haworth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a small restaurant and tea-room serving locally sourced food, freshly prepared to a high standard. We are in a seasonal location and our opening ours are a guide for high season. Please contact us for further information at other times. We are open for Breakfast Lunch Afternoon-tea and Dinner(Friday and Saturday evenings only)
Leeds
“Lovely food, great value”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little restaurant on the main street. Food was delicious (especially the risotto and the slow cooked lamb) and the cakes were wonderful. Service wasn't brilliant... coke spilled on one of our party and a bit slow but overall would recommend!

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hospitality and delicious food!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Whilst staying at Westfield Lodge we walked into Haworth with our two dogs on the hunt for somewhere to eat! Passing The Stirrup we assumed it wouldn't be dog friendly as from the outside it is very aesthetically pleasing (we were expecting to have to eat in a scruffy pub), however, a sign out front said well behaved dogs were welcome outside and in the front of the restaurant. Dubious as to whether our two dogs would be well behaved we thought we'd try it and if not, leave after a quick drink. We were welcomed into the restaurant and took a seat in the front area. Very nicely decorated and very clean I was impressed straight away (again, not somewhere you'd expect to take your dogs!!) The menu had a wide variety of dishes, from sandwiches or jacket potatoes, to proper meals and also a specials board with a varied choice on! We ordered our food and thankfully didn't have to wait long! Everything was extremely fresh and delicious! Some of the best chips I think I've ever eaten! The chef brought out some of our food and made a fuss of our dogs and proceeded to bring them out a sausage from the kitchen! Very generous and was greatly appreciated! Once our lunch had settled we decided on a coffee and a slice of homemade cake, which, I have to say was AMAZING! Quite possibly the best cake I have ever tasted! My partners Belgian chocolate cake was a special and was delicious. However, nothing compared to my Coffee cake with a Walnut and Praline topping! It was HUGE! An amazing, tasty, moist cake! I was far too full but there was no way I was wasting any! It took all my might not to purchase the full cake to take home! Genuinely have no faults whatsoever with this place. The staff were welcoming, very friendly and the service and the food was outstanding! Just a shame we never discovered the place earlier on in our holiday! I would definitely recommend The Stirrup and hope to go back one day! (As do Scamp and Alfie for another sausage!)

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful hospitality”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Although the owner was busy closing up, she welcomed us in when we asked if she could serve up some toasted sandwiches early Sunday evening, and was very warm and friendly and never rushed us to finish.

Visited April 2013
Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended place to eat.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited The Stirrup on an overnight visit to Haworth. It was more luck than judgement we went here but it was a very pleasant surprise.
The staff were very friendly, the place comfortable, neat and tidy with a nice atmosphere. Drinks were very reasonably priced and delivered quickly. There was no rush to order in the relaxed atmosphere and the choice, whilst not huge, was still worth spending time reading.
I chose an Italian mixed cooked meats and Pesto salad starter, whilst my partner chose pan fried chicken livers. As a main I went for Pork medallions with potato and seasonal veg, my partner chose Mixed seafood medley.
The portions were quite big, both starters and mains, but this did not detract from the quality even if the presentation was not perfect.
I would more than happily eat at The Stirrup again, and would advise anyone to go, if you can get a table. This is a restaurant which will get to be very popular as its' reputation grows.

Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Best food I've had in a long time!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent service from start to finish.
We had the 2 courses for £17.00 each. My husband had a starter,prawns & scallop risotto which he said was cooked to perfection and slow cooked shoulder of lamb for main. The lamb fell to pieces it was so tender and homemade red cabbage and creamy mash. I had sirloin steak with thick cut chips. The steak was exquisite, pink in the middle and chargrilled on the outside. I didn't want it to end! I had a dessert instead of a starter, cheese & biscuits. I'm not keen on fancy cheeses so I was pleased with the selection, brie, cheddar, edam and a good variety of biscuits with lots of butter.
We had a bottle of house rose to go with the meal which was very reasonable, £14.00.
The bill came to £48 which is slightly more than we would usually pay, but it was well worth the money and it was a joint celebration, my birthday and our anniversary.
I would recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Haworth, but it is a good idea to book beforehand as the restaurant is quite small but cozy.

• Visited March 2013