“A warm northern welcome.....”
Review of Ye Sleeping House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haworth
Ye Sleeping House
Ranked #12 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A warm northern welcome.....”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

A warm welcome awaits visitors at the Sleeping House. My room faced Haworth Central Park, its beautifully kept lawns, shrubs and flowers providing a riot of colour, and behind that a view of the rising hills and moors. In my room there was a television with dvd and video functions, cd player and radio and tea/coffee making facilities. In the hall there was a huge library of films, books and music to choose from. I had selected a room with shared bathroom facilities, to meet my limited budget needs, and was completely satisfied. The bed was comfortable and afforded me a good nights sleep after the exertions of the day. The home cooked breakfasts were gargantuan and Mike went out of his way to ensure that my dietary needs were well catered for.
The Sleeping House is situated at the lower end of Main Street, a picturesque cobbled street which leads up to the Bronte Museum and the Parsonage. It is surrounded by quaint shops and numerous tea shops, cafes and restaurants. Local buses stop almost right on the doorstep and it is a five minute walk away from Haworth Station, a definite attraction for those who are interested in steam trains. The whole area is steeped in history and there are many sights to see and cross country hikes to be made.
I first stayed at this bed and breakfast last year and have returned several times since then and have never been disappointed. I look forward to returning there again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank andicarre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Look no further: whether you are a couple, family or on your own; you cannot find a better place and price than at Ye sleeping House. I read some reviews before choosing it, and do not regret one bit! I am quite fussy about comfort and cleanliness anywhere I stay (I am French you see...), and Mike Hutchinson (our host) knows how to keep his place impeccable, even with 2 cats (the sweetest creatures ever). I will never go elsewhere from now onwards and hope you do the same (only 3 rooms, so book plenty in advance).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Cécile G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Our stay was for our joint birthday on the 9th Feb and was booked as a surprise by my partner. Mike had decorated the room with birthday banners, birthday card and a box of biscuits!

The day was cold and the B&B was lovely and warm for the whole stay and Mike could not have been more helpful and friendly. The B&B is warm, cozy and has such a great atmosphere that I was so relaxed and enjoyed every minute of the stay.

The breakfast was huge and was definately enough to set you up for the whole day. Both Mike and his adorable cat, Charlie, made us feel very welcome with Mike taking care of the necessities of the stay while Charlie made sure we knew the way to the room and that everything was ok before he wandered off back down the stairs.

We will be staying there again in the future and I would recommend Ye Sleeping House to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ColetteMcK
Leeds
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Ye Sleeping House is a great B&B. My partner and I share the sme birthday and I booked us in for the day, The location is right in the middle of the village, Mike is a great host and the rooms were clean, warm and very comfortable. The breakfast was enough for two and sets you up for the day. I can't say enough good things about the B&B it is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeedsRussell1
Omagh, County Tyrone
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Nothing was too much trouble for our host, Mike. My sister and I did not want a cooked breakfast , so he scoured the shops in order to make sure we had fresh and interesting pastry every morning. Mike was able to give us the weather forecast and advice on local attractions, bus information, and pretty much anything we needed. He is genuinely concerned for the comfort of his guests. There were no restrictions on access to the house. We were free to come and go as often as we wished. The generosity and warmth of the host, as well as the cosiness of the rooms and availability of various forms of in-house entertainment (videos, DVDs, radio, music system, board games), were just lovely! I would recommend this B and B to anyone. Gabrielle

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank Bronte60
Lancashire
Reviewed May 5, 2009

The host "Mike" makes the stay wonderful. We were in need of an uplifting and invigorating experience, we certainly got that! The B & B is a most unusual and homely place, decorated with lots of loving memorablia. The larger than life host supplied us with an enormous Yorkshire breakfast each morning, nothing was too much trouble for him and we were given a flask of coffee as we embarked upon our hike in the hail and rain ! Mike also has a fantastic knowledge of the area and facilities, what he does n't know is n't worth asking about anyway! We felt so very wellcome and at home at Ye Sleeping House, a must for anyone wanting a laid back and entertaining break. Thank you Mike we had an ace time and just may be back if you will have us again. X

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KandJS
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2008

From the booking through to saying goodbye, nothing was too much trouble for the owner of this small and cosy B&B. Located on the Main Street in Haworth you are in a great central location that is also lovely and quiet with great views. Mike the owner cooks the biggest breakfast ever seen, and is a great host, offering advice and sharing a fantastic knowledge of the surrounding area, with tips on where to go and what to do and see. If you like your B&B to be great value, in a great position, cosy, comfortable, welcoming and a home from home, then book into Ye Sleeping House - you won't be disappointed - just remember to book in advance, as there are only the three rooms and people keep discovering it!

• Liked — The friendly host and relaxing 'home from home' atmosphere
  • Disliked — The best pub was uphill! (But fortunately only a couple of hundred yards!)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple