“Can do better”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant as part of a party for the first time in many years.
The speed of service was good but the staff abrupt.
The steak came out cold in the middle, hense we sent it back. The plate was brought back hot with the same steak on reheated, therefor the steak had started to discolour and cook. Far from the rare steak ordered.
The waiter/owner was very rude stomping about in a mood as if we had insulted him asking for our order to be corrected not ruined.

Overall I do not think we will be visiting the ital again after the poor service and food on this visit.

1  Thank Kayleigh B

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions as the food is excellent. The service is always far better if you are in a large party though. I have also noticed on my last 3 visits that the management are very abusive to the staff. One waitress who had just been shouted at in front of us was close to tears.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Quite regularly visited this place. The waiters are lovely and the food is well made. Not too expensive for what you get everything is homemade and good quality ingredients. Went here last night and only thing I would say is bring back the old early bird menu. The steak in peppercorn sauce used to be amazing. It's now changed to a sirloin for £3 surcharge. Which no doubt is lovely but the old flat steak was amazing and a great deal. Nevertheless the salmon with prawn sauce is ace! And all the waiters are so cheeky but always friendly which makes a nice change than the standard service you get everywhere else. Would recommend this to anyone. Especially the early bird menu as it has so much choice when usually restaurants have limited choice for a two course deal

1  Thank boxbird1990
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great meal here over Easter . Friendly helpful staff. Good food. My beef lasagne were superb. Would happily visit again.

1  Thank Craig H
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited early doors with a pal and was impressed with the large car park, always an important consideration in my book. On entering there was a warm welcome from the staff and the restaurant was surprisingly busy for midweek. The Early Bird menu offers a huge choice, many of them retro favourites from the eighties although the food can only be described as average.

In common with many large Italian restaurants these days I would describe the ITAL as a "roadhouse", notwithstanding the excellent waiters. Much improved tables and chairs since my last visit a few years ago but why, in 2013, is there a custom made carpet throughout the dining area spelling out ITAL? Presumably, carpets appeal to a "traditional" type of clientele who want to remain in the eighties and who don't mind trailing to the cash desk situated at the back of the restaurant when it's time to pay. To be fair, when we asked for the bill a waiter brought it to our table and likewise, the cashier came with a card machine when I indicated in his direction. I don't suppose you can blame the waiters if the herding instinct of Bradford's populace is happy to do their work for them. However, it reduces the ambience to that of a 2 for 1 pub chain when actually the waiters are very capable.

Adequate but not exceptional.