“A great combination of good, interesting food, fantastic drinks list and great hosting by Yuri and the team”
Review of The Russian Restaurant - CLOSED

The Russian Restaurant
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Fab little gem of a night out. Good food which is far from an Eastern European stereotype and is fresh, different and very tasty.
Try the Vodka list and have sample before each course!!

There are newer reviews for The Russian Restaurant

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We started with a glass of good house red wine. Then the starter of smoked salmon and cream cheese canapes - a generous four served prettily on rounds of crisp toast, speared together with an olive and lemon. My colleague said he enjoyed the goulash, which was rich and meaty, (a meal in itself) served with his preference of chips. I had the chicken and lamb pilaff, a generous bowl, the rice just the right texture for me, and full of flavour. Sensibly, a strong chilli was placed on top, with advice to try the dish first, then add more if I wanted it. The seasoning was great for me, no need for further heat. They were perfect for a cold wet night in Bradford. We had no room for dessert. Nor, as it was a working visit, did we try the large range of vodkas on offer. Maybe next time.
The host, Vlad (?) was kind, welcoming, and attentive. The hardest part was getting the bill when we were ready to eat. We were there on a Wednesday night, so it was quiet. Quieter than it should be. Give it a try. Oh, and when you get there just push to door open. You might be forgiven for thinking they were closed, but again, it was a cold night.

1  Thank Norah Y
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our family of 8 had a great meal last Sunday .
Excellent menu .
Everyone had different choices .
Vlad presented the meal in a professional and friendly way .
Well worth the experience .

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I have not been able to visit the Russian restaurant as often as I would like this year but will making even more of an effort to get back soon, and regularly. As always, the welcome from Vlad was warm, the service excellence and the food delicious. I am always astonished to see that some people say the prices here are high. . .. They are not, and the quality of produce used it clearly high. All I can think it thatthey are being compared to a 35p mystery meat burger from a large again!

Looking forward to returning soon

1  Thank mat_stoke
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was really looking forward to this visit but even tho the owner was very nice and friendly the food im afraid wasnt anything special and for what we had we thought exspensive.... The decor hasnt been changed for over 10 years from when it was an indian restaurant.... All i can honestly say is there are much better and cheaper restaurant in Bradford for quaility food.....

1  Thank blade1963