“odd place”

Ranked #6 of 20 Bradford B&B and Inns
evesham
“odd place”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was easy to find WITH A SAT NAV. Probably hard without. Where do I start. Room full of mismatched dusty furniture. Corridor smelt stale and of poor drains. Room in the barn area, with concrete steps leading up. Outside light not working, hazardous in the dark. Room door faulty lock, loose in the door frame. Sheet had two small orange stains on it. One flannel between two people. Could not use it, huge grey stain through the middle. (poor washing). Breakfast in a cold dirty conservatory. Cereal fruit and childrens banana yoghurts laid out in bowls on a side table, extensive range of foreign meats cheese slices and cold fish laid on large round tables for everyone to sit down and help themselves, could be a health hazard as the food had obviously been out of the fridge for some time. We were ok, being first to sit at the table, the couple that sit down next looked decidedly uncomfortable and had to help themselves to food from the same open plates. Cooked breakfast was small and of poor quality. Young foreign staff with poor command of the english language were not interested in our complaints and apart from checking in did not see a more mature owner?? or employee that might take comments seriously.

Room Tip: Do not stay unless you are a really broke student because my experience in youth hostels has been be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 11, 2013

For my third week on the road working in Bradford (previous stay at Bradford Hilton and Great Victoria [Bradford]), I picked the Model Farm B&B based on many of the good TripAdvisor reviews.

The B&B was fairly easy to find and the welcome was very friendly and informative. I stayed in room 6 which is an ensuite Double. The room is in a separate building which one could drive up to or walk to (although the walk is uncovered, so you'd get wet if it rained). The room was peachy coloured with VERY high ceilings (looks like a barn conversion); a very comfortable bed; two chairs and table; dresser; etc. It has the power-shower in it but I did not think the show was especially powerful. The room itself was very well presented, if a little girly. The breakfasts (7am - 9am) were exceptional - yum!

Only a few gripes. The wifi did not seem to work all the time. I could connect but there was often no internet connection. The door keys are old fashioned and a bit fiddly. When you close the door it does not lock, so you have to manually lock it. As mentioned, the shower is not particularly powerful. The tv remote did not work properly. Program up and program down button caused the screen to go blank, so on had to press the numbered channel buttons.

That said, if felt rather sureal staying at the Model Farm B&B, in a nice way, so I'd recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Paid £40 for double en suite the night before a big interview. Welcome was fantastic, and shown to my room very quickly.

The room was spotless and well kitted, with complimentary soaps, tea, biscuits, big TV etc.

Great night's sleep, and great breakfast, reminded me of Poland trips last year - slight mix up with my cooked breakfast, but very quickly sorted out.

Will definitely stay again if I get the job!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Simon M
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I paid £25 for a single room that was clean and tidy. Had a 32inch tv and complimentary soaps. There was free wifi and the breakfast array was vast and good quality. The service was friendly. What more could you want. The only thing I could think was proper coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
leeds
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and myself stayed here for a weekend away. we stayed in the barn conversion, the property appears to be owned/run by a number of polish people and the breakfast included a polish breakfast or English both was superb in presentation, I was a little disappointed when we arrived we was shown into a conservatory and told we would have our own table and would be welcome to have polish and English breakfast and to enjoy the views and relax while taking breakfast, but when we went for breakfast the next day we was told the tables in the conservatory was reserved and we was ushered into the sitting room with a table set for 8 people I felt a little uncomfortable having to share my breakfast table with strangers. The bed room was nicely decorated and had tea and coffee and milk. the bedrooms was lovely and clean and nicely decorated. the shower was nice and hot and powerful.. I didn't rate the hair dryer it didn't really dry my hair and the handle got really hot so I had to wrap a towel around the handle to continue using it.... it was ok for a night away

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank saphire02004
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

my wife and I arrived at the farm and taken to our converted barn room . we were so pleasantly surprised to find how lovely it was. superb décor , and all mod cons available. so clean throughout. breakfast outstanding, full English, with continental options also available . the adjoining farm shop sells huge selection of meats and dairy produce at excellent prices.. owners allan and beata very hospitable and helpful . not much in close proximity to farm, but ideal base for walking , and not toofar from Bradford centre.

Room Tip: executive room in barn conversion nice and quiet, no noise from outside
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ian p
Cambridge
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived finding ourselves in the country on the edge of the city, we did wonder where we had ended up. What a great place, really good value for money excellent accommodation with a wonderful Polish touch to the decor. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful, the on site farm shop is very interesting and wished we had a cool bag with us. Our room was large with a wonderful bathroom, a scary futuristic shower if we had been staying a week, I probably would have worked it out! Only negative, we could not open a window in the bedroom, there was a skylight but we did not have the correct "tool" to deal with that. The owner and staff were so nice and friendly am sure they would have provided if asked. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Make sure you can open a window
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple