Model Farm Bed & Breakfast
$56
$54
$63
$59
Jurys Inn Bradford(Bradford)(Great Value!)
$53
$44
  • Restaurant
$50
$47
Midland Hotel(Bradford)
$78
$75
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
$43
ibis
$50
getaroom.com
All reviewsthe barnfarm shopworking farmcold meatsshared bathroomsmoked fishfull englishexposed beamsfantastic bedroombook with confidencedouble ensuite roomexcellent valueon arrivalself cateringincluded in pricetea coffeemain building
Reviewed September 11, 2011

the place was ok. the airfresner was to over powering. the seafood at breakfast made you feel sick. the veiws was amazing but would not stay there again. also the freeveiw was realy bad

Room Tip: pref a house
Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Booked last minute after spending day in Leeds, didn't look like much driving up to it past a few factorys but when you get into the car park you could see the lovely farm house and gardens, through to reception which was basically the living room we were seen to quickly and walked to our room which was in a 5bed cottage which was superb, right mix of modern and old felt really homely, breakfast was served in conservatory with stunning views of garden and consisted of full English, cereal an buffet of all sorts of different fruits, breads, cheese and even fish, I assume this is the polish influence as all the workers were foreign but all spoke good English and were very helpful.

Would defo stay again if in the area as I'd great value for money and have stayed in loads worse for double the price.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Booked this hotel just for a relaxing night away and we weren't disappointed. The room we had was large and spacious and looked out over the garden and had everything you could want. As others have written on here the breakfast was superb and worth the cost on it's own.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I traveled to England with our niece and needed reasonably priced 2 bedroom accommodations. Model Farm fit the bill perfectly. We rented a 2 level, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom cottage. The cottage was clean, especially considering its age, and well stocked with dishes, linens, coffee, tea, even biscuits. Also we had flat screen TVs in each bedroom and in the living room. The teen age niece really liked having her own TV. I had some trouble with the shower which turned out to be user error. The shower had hot water on demand so once I figured out how to use it I never ran out! My only complaint about the cottage that we had was that mattress pads were not used and a box spring on 1 of the beds seemed to have partially collapsed. There isn’t much within walking distance but you can make it by foot to 1 pub and there are several close by take-a-ways that will deliver. The staff members, made up of several young attractive women from Poland, were especially kind and made sure that we were comfortable and had everything that we needed. The breakfast was like most English food in that it was unremarkably good or bad but you got plenty of it. We were offered plenty of choices including fruit, eggs, cold or hot cereal, a complete English breakfast, hot fish, instant coffee, tea, milk, etc. I have to agree with some other reviewers the strange cured fish on the table that I don’t know what it was but found it really unappetizing looking and smelling…and I tend to love pickled, salted and smoked fish of all kinds. I pushed it away and enjoyed my scrambled eggs and toast. If you stay there and plan to cook check out the butcher shop, everything looked fantastic.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure that you get the space that you need.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BusinessGirlOnTheGo
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night and were pleasantly surprised.
When we arrived we were greated by Beate who showed us around the farmhouse and took us out through the conservatory and extensive landscaped gardens, past the ducks and peacocks out to Toftshaw House (the 5 bedroomed house). We hadn't booked the house specifically but it appeared the main farmhouse was full.
We had the large ensuite room in the house which was simply enormous. The room was tastefully appointed and although the decor was bright, the room was so airy as not to be intrusive. We did have some niggles with the room, but overall they weren't enough to make us not want to return.
For accommodation which normally would be rented out by the week, I felt that a wardrobe should have been provided in our room. There was a small chest of drawers and bedside tables but for two people it wouldn't have been sufficient.
The tiles on the bathroom floor could do with regrouting and repositioning as they wobbled a bit when you stepped on them. In addition, the loo seat wasn't big enough for the pan and did slip as you sat on it which is a bit disconcerting!

The breakfast the following morning was lovely, although some of the items on the table could do with being labelled so you could make a better choice. You had the option of facing the windows for breakfast overlooking the lovely view of the farmland and landscaped gardens.

What I would note if you are staying in the 5 bedroomed house is to bring earplugs as due to the wooden floors the sound echoes around and I was woken by an early riser sharing the house.

The website doesn't do the accommodation justice, more pictures of the accommodation on offer, on the pages themselves would be appreciated, especially if you are booking in for a week in some of the cottages.

Overall, we would recommend staying here and would come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple