“very friendly staff”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2012

have been here a few times on staff nights out always had a good evening & food has been fine

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I went here with my friend whilst on an annual weekend away in Bradford, we were looking for somewhere to eat and were very glad we found this restaurant. It is a bit hard to find as it is in a side street just off one of the main shopping streets in the city centre, we only noticed it as they have a board out. The lunchtime specials are a bargain, we had a drink, main & dessert for approx. £15 each. The food is home made & was lovely, we also liked the decor which is done as if you're in an Italian courtyard, there was a good choice of veggie options and the menu had a very wide selection. We will go back next year!

1  Thank whitbyabi
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We had been struggling to locate a suitable place for lunch in Bradford City Centre, when we spotted the sign for New Guiseppi's, Italian restaurant. The pizzas were tasty, but the home-made desserts were the best parts of our meals; Italian Trifle and a rich, creamy lemon cheesecake with a drizzle of toffee sauce. The service was very friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed, the value reasonable. The interior is less intimate and romantic than well laid out and functional. That was fine for us - Thanks.

3  Thank alandju
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We searched high and low in Bradford for somewhere (not chain restaurant) to have a girly lunch. We stumbled upon this restaurant which turned out to be a hidden gem! It's hidden away down an alley next to a Halifax Bank, but what a find!
They have a full range of pizza's, pasta's, (burgers) and specials with lunch time specials.
It was very welcoming, but very quiet too, but the beauty of it was that it is open all day (we had tried Mama Mia's - on TA advice - but it closes at 2pm and we didn't get there until 1.30pm)
I had a tricolour salad - Mozzarella, avacado and tomato salad which was fresh large and tasty, we also had garlic bread which was great too.
For main courses I had the seafood pancakes (recommeded by the server) which was excellent. Also had a mixed salad which came with a freshly made dressing.
Overall with the attentive service, lovely food and quiet atmosphere, I would definately recommend

1  Thank elsiemleedsUK
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I tried not to rate this restaurant but it wouldn't allow me to give it no stars.

I called in person to this restaurant early one evening to book a party as I had been calling all day and despite it was open at lunchtime no one bothered to answer the phone. However when I arrived the place was in darkness but I could see a light on in the kitchen and someone moving about. As I thought it should have been open according to the board at the top of the street I knocked on the window and a man came out of the kitchen unlocked the door opened it a little and then let it go in my face. I waited for a few seconds in case there was something behind the door that he was moving which clearly there wasn't so I walked in. The place was pitch black with just the light on in the kitchen and the man had gone back into the kitchen and carried on whatever he was doing without even seeing who I was or what I wanted. As I stood there watching him he picked up a spoon and tasted something in a big pan. He then put the same spoon back in the pan and tasted it again and again, each time using the same spoon he had had in his mouth. At this point I called out to him to ask if he was on his own. He said yes he was but still didn't come out to see who I was or what I wanted. Finally I got him to come out of the kitchen and he belched whilst talking obviously from tasting too many pans in the kitchen with the same spoon. It would appear the owner/Manager called Diane was on holiday and wouldn't be back at work until the following Tuesday. That would explain no one bothering to answer the phone but not the dirty cooking methods of the cook/chef. Needless to say the party has been booked elsewhere and I will never eat at a place where such disgusting methods of cooking are used after all if he considers this to be acceptable, what else is he doing?

No thank you, not for me or mine.

2  Thank bagpuss01