“Good food and good service”
Review of The Raggalds

The Raggalds
Ranked #75 of 733 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We welcome you all to Raggalds, wether it be on business or leisure. We serve quality homemade food 7 days per week
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We made a lunchtime visit and because Raggalds is a bit off the beaten track did not expect it to have many diners there. It was busier than we thought but there was still plenty of room.

There's a wide range of beers and wines but as I was driving only had a soft drink. The food made the trip worthwhile however. We both had a nice homemade vegetable soup which was served with warm bread.

For mains I had Fish and Chips and was very impressed. My wife had Turkey Chasseur which also fit the bill in terms of taste and quantity.

The hand cut chips here are worth the trip alone so we both rated the place as very good. I also noticed other diners having sandwiches which were served in a baguette with a stack of the afore-mentioned hand cut chips. Bargain!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've just returned from Raggalds after a great trip to the place. I took my parents to celebrate my Mum's birthday and to use a £20 voucher I won in a raffle (cheapskate that I am).

A friend at work eats there regularly and when she knew I was thinking of going there today, she promised I would like it.

The décor and cleanliness of the interior is very good and I thought that Sunday carvery we all had was very good value for £8.95. The 3 meats available (beef, turkey and gammon) were fresh and high quality and we absolutely loved the vegetables on offer. I counted 8 different ones excluding the mash, new potatoes and roasted potatoes also available and the ones I had were obviously fresh and not out of a can. There was a good range of sauces and relishes.

My Dad and I had a pint of cask Saltaire blonde and it was a very decent pint.

The meal was backed up with friendly, non obtrusive service from the efficient staff. I can see why the place is well thought of as Richard (who we met and briefly chatted to) has the perfect blend of professionalism and customer care. A real credit to the trade he is in and doing such a sterling job.

Thanks to all for a lovely meal and will definitely come back soon...

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went here Thursday tea time for steak night deal,
the four of us that went ordered all ordered the steak meal deals even though they had a good choice on the menu. with the steak meal deals you get 2 steak dinners and a choice of either a jug of lager ( 4 pints ) which was either fosters or carling, or you can have a bottle of wine.
we got our food quite quickly from friendly staff and it has to be said was really nice, you get your steak with skinned potato wedges and salad and peas, which was plenty
well worth calling in for something to eat, the decor inside is really nice.

1  Thank lisawoodhall
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Superb meal at Raggald's. Excellent food, pleasant surroundings, excellent. attentive host. All in all 'very good'. Thank you !

1  Thank Ann E B
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Raggalds is situated in a beautiful part of Bradford. Me and my girlfriend went for Sunday carvary, I think the carvary was abit basic but the place, atmosphere and service is good.

RAGGALDS, Owner at The Raggalds, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thankyou for your comments .... we have overhauled our carvery offer since your review and are confident we are now back on track . Today we have honey ham , roast turkey and roast topside beef......mash potato, garlic and rosemary roast pots, fresh sprouts, carrots, savoy cabbage , honey parsnips and cauli cheese as the veg selection.
Thankyou for your review and we hope you come back to try us again . cheers Richard