“Best steak ever”
Review of The Ling Bob

The Ling Bob
Ranked #82 of 866 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Ling Bob Inn has been providing warmth & sustenance to patrons for some 200 years. Situated on the B6144 route to Haworth, in the heart of Bronte country & with a large car park for patrons, it’s easy to reach from every direction, making it a great meeting spot. With great emphasis in provenance and using the best and freshest of ingredients, as well as keeping a traditional “local pub” feel, our talented chefs have passionately prepared some mouth-watering dishes to please all and suit every budget.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Shared 40oz Tomahawk steak with my son, couldn’t fault a thing need to taste it, picture doesn’t do it justice, next time we’ll tackle it alone. Dessert menu spot on also and beer on form, all round great night.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (201)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Had a lovely lunch the staff were very friendly and the service was EXCELLENT. There was a good choice on the menu but a bit expensive for a Saturday lunch most meals were over £10. However the food was good and we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed July 17, 2019

Firstly the starter 3 was very over priced for £21

I had souvlaki which to be honest was a pile of meat scraps on a pita bread, not nice chunks of meat and peppers on a skewer as it should have been as I go to Greece frequently. At this point the birthday party started! We were literally sitting about 1 foot away from the party group. By this stage the music was so loud that we were unable to speak to or hear each other. The music thudded my stomach, which is not pleasant when you are trying to eat! This was frustrating as we just all wanted to have a nice meal and chat, you would not expect to be an unreasonable request in a restaurant setting. You do not go out for a meal expecting the music to be so loud you can’t talk. it was like trying to sit and eat a meal in a very loud night club! We booked the table as were told the music and function would not start until 9 so we had 2 and a half hours. Instead it started at 7:30!

I feel that bookings should not have been taken in the restaurant when there was a large birthday party event on literary inches away from it.

I feel that when we pointed out the problem it was met by a very defensive and extremely unsympathetic response saying ‘well I’ve done my best’ with no offer of appeasement.
I came in person to speak to Thannos a few days later. He basically defended everything and said ‘I don’t know what I can do to resolve it!’ The attitudes of the owners in my opinion were very unprofessional.

I certainly won’t be back.

2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed July 4, 2019

meal top class staff lovely beers not bad either well worth a visit. best pub meal we have found in the area.prices very competitive.

1  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I had a very enjoyable Saturday evening meal here. The menu is varied and our starters and main courses were both excellent. Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: June 2019