“Food excellent but service slow and was a little grubby”

Zouk Tea Bar & Grill
Ranked #93 of 750 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Founded by Tayub & Mudassar Amjad, Zouk is a new generation Indian and Pakistani restaurant that opened on Leeds Road in 2006 & offers authentic curries as well as a selection of grilled options, seafood & steaks. The restaurant is halal & offers a large range of seafood & vegetarian options as well as catering for special dietary requirements such as gluten free & vegan diets. Open daily from 11:00am to midnight, Zouk even trades on Christmas Day & Eid. The restaurant is fully licensed offering beers, wines, spirits & cocktails. Signature dishes include Lahori classics Lamb Niharai, Magaz (brains) & Paya (sheeps trotters). At lunch time the Mumbai inspired tiffin is served up on a traditional platter. The restaurant is perfect for parties & large groups with a variety of set menus & hireable spaces. Zouk offer outside catering for weddings, corporate events & private functions & also provided all the catering for the 2017 Bingley Music Live Music festival. www.zoukteabar.co.uk
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time we have visited...the food rivals any Indian restaurant we have been to, just excellent, really tasty. We were though disappointed with service, very slow, in fact we think they forgot us and it is a little grubby. Modern and simple decor but the toilets, the chairs and the floor were dirty, you can though see where they cook the food and that appeared to be clean.

We got good service the first time we visited and didn't notice it being grubby then so maybe this was unusual, I notice another reviewer has said the same and visited the same bank holiday weekend as us.

Have still given them a 4 star due to excellent food and in hope the downsides were a one off, we will visit again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just went here for lunch as a Bank Holiday treat. After 15 minutes of being ignored I had plenty of time to take in the surroundings....it's so dirty...the menus are greasy! The tables, walls, floor everywhere is filthy. Quite frankly I was shocked that no one has mentioned this before in reviews?? Unfortunately I can't comment on the food as I didn't get that far..I left. Sort it out...quickly! I went to the bathroom before placing an order taking me past the cooking area....which need closing and cleaning...hence the decision to leave.

1  Thank Hagen36
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I had to write this review after a recent bad experience elsewhere. It reminded me why i should stick to the place i love as nowhere else in bradford quite compares for me. The amazing food & service I received at Zouk 2 weeks ago is just another reason why I keep coming back. We had the butter chicken and my brother had a steak. The butter chicken was creamy and the chicken tenderly cooked. The steak was of a good size, not too tough but also cooked well- served with a good variety of veg & chips presented in a mini frying pan! The food arrived quickly we were attended to by the waiters regularly. It's the presentation, quality of food & friendly service that makes this one of my favourite places to eat. Just writing this review is making me hungry & crave their food!

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We went mid week so I expect the atmosphere would be better at the weekend. Delicious food! Wonderful onion bhajiis and tandoori fish, fantastic prawn curry with lovely cashew rice. Would recommend!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

After deciding to use the Zouk Little Kitchen Take-away, we excitedly made our list and called to order...

The delivery service wasn’t available, despite being advertised on the flyer as "free to surrounding areas", we were offered a 20% discount offered because of this, therefore we decided to go ahead with the order.

Upon arrival we were told it was only 10% discount, and to add insult to injury, were over-charged for the food ordered – they were charging full restaurant prices. After questioning the pricing the staff member adjusted the pricing to the take-away menu but then added it all up incorrectly and refused to give any discount on it. At which point, totally sick of feeling like I was being ripped off, I decided that they didn’t deserve my custom, and left feeling annoyed for their attempt to rip-off a potential new customer. Their loss.

1  Thank Applesanna