Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Recent reviews mention "the best curry house in Bradford" and "food to die for". Could they mean this is the best terraced house serving curry in Bradford and it's worth risking a fatal outcome to eat here. I doubt it, so I cannot agree with their comments. This is the most utilitarian eating establishment I have been in since a visit to a transport cafe 20 years ago. The food is acceptable but not exceptional and the portions are small but the dishes are cheap so expectations should be limited. Service was OK but surely to insist on cash only is an anachronism? I cannot recommend this eating establishment ( I hesitate to call it a restaurant).

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (368)

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Never seen such a rude staff in my life, went to Karachi Restaurant & met with staff member & asked politely why is only cash & don't accept card , he he said so what & then instead of saying sorry or to be polite start in loud I'm the manager of you want to complaint, straight out from Restaurant & I won't recommend such a place where staff is rude & don't know how to speak to their customer.

If there was less than 1 star i would select the options..

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Decided to visit for lunch today. 20 minute drive away but the food is usually worth it. However did not get to eat today as the customer service was poor and after waiting 30 minutes were not even acknowledged or asked what I wanted. There were 9 other people in the restaurant and the couple next to me had been waiting 30 minutes for their food which had not arrived when I got up and left. Will not be making the effort again. Note to owner. Get more competant staff.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We'd been talking to one of the managers at the Taj Mahal restaurant in Marmaris last year and he mentioned about this place. Needless to say we decided to come here instead of our usual haunt on Morley street.

The service was good, but that's where it ended. No free poppadom for your raita but 3 included chapattis with your meal.

I opted for the Chicken and spinach karahi and my wife went for the staple Chicken bhuna.

Both chicken dishes contained what can only be described as 'dog ends' of chicken which was not too pleasant, especially when some parts just seemed like globs of fat. Not what you want with a £7 curry. My wife's bhuna was unlike any other I've ever seen. Watery and resembled a standard masala. My karahi was bland and lacked real flavour. The most flavour came from the topping of coriander.

Cash only - Make of that what you will....

Sorry Karachi. You may have been good in people's opinions 20+ years ago but it's certainly not the case now if our meal was the standard.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

The best curry house in West Yorkshire, the food is to die for which is beyond delicious and im never disappointed as their food and flavours are unique as a whole. Top customer service by Tayib and all the staff are friendly.

Affordable prices, more bargain for your money. Food is beyond your expectations.