“Great food great place!”
Review of Karachi Restaurant

Karachi Restaurant
Ranked #152 of 732 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my friends and was a thoroughly enjoyable experience! The food was great it came quickly and we were even allowed to take home the rest of our meal in a doggy bag! I really advise you go there!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is very much the traditional Bradford "no frills" curry house. Set in a fairly unimpressive house in a typically unimpressive Bradford street you enter into what would originally have been the front rooms of the house. Comfortable chairs and Formica table tops plus seat-yourself approach means things are simple.

They're very proud of the fact that Rick Stein was once there, many years ago, and make sure on the menu that you know he liked the Chicken dish. I've eaten there twice and enjoyed the food both times.

I've had both meat and vegetarian dishes and enjoyed both; Naan and chapatis are also good. Meat Biryani was a little disappointing simply because it was pieces of cooked meat tossed in with some rice - Biryani really requires the meat and rice to be coked together.

Prices are very reasonable; it's cash only and no alcohol.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Once the best curry in Bradford bar none, then new owners took over from Cha Cha (Uncle) many years ago and food is good but not as great. Now there are many 5 Star restaurants in the area with better ambience, still a great bolthole after a night in town.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We go here after the cinema and find it reliable, efficient and very tasty. All is served politely and without fuss. The food is very flavoursome and all curries are accompanied by 3 chapattis which are amongst the best I have tasted. It also keeps the price down. Unassuming yet with a clear identity this is one to keep going back to.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was taken to the Karachi by my significant other and family. It has been a haunt for them since a young age and when i walked in i was taken aback by how little decoration there is minus the large Rick Stein photo. I dont judge on appearances, a restaurant is all about its food and that element is simply superb.

I was pleased to be handed Onion Bhaji's that didnt come in the shape of hockey pucks but in much easier to pick up and eat size. Cooked well and tasted great. Cutlery not necessary, I had the Chicken Dopiaza which was packed with flavour and spice. We got some rice for the table and that was a great accompaniment.

I cannot reccomend this place enough, dont judge it when you walk in. The food is what makes this place special. I have no qualms about ever going back and after tasting a few places in Bradford, I wont go anywhere else!

PS, no booze is served but why ruin your meal with it anyway?

2  Thank Andrew H