“Below Average, Better With Beer Goggles!”
Review of Kashmir Restaurant

Kashmir Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 706 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Pensacola, Florida
“Below Average, Better With Beer Goggles!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had not been to this restaurant in years and had fond memories. Unfortunately my memories were probably clouded by the years. The food was below average. My veggie curry was bland and tasteless, I sampled a few of my friends meals and they were not much better. There are so many curry houses in Bradford that this is only really worth bothering with if you are in the area after drinking.

• Visited May 2013

Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Conned By Great Reviews”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went to this Restaurant ( if you can call it that ) after reading many great reviews about the place, unfortunatly we got it so very wrong. On entering we noticed how Grubby the place was, tables hadn't been wiped clean, the Carpets were worn and dirty. The Service seemed pretty quick, but when our meal arrived we understood why, everything was Microwaved. My Prawn dish arrived, I couldn't find any Prawns, I found lots of very small Shrimps in a sauce I never reconised.

I walked out and left my Partner to finish his meal that he was not enjoying either, he ate some of mine too, because he doesn't like uncomfortable situations.

Don't be fooled like we were.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank drofnats1962
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Deep fried starters, cold curries and bad service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my first visit to this famous restaurant and probably my last. To be fair, the atmosphere in the restaurant was good, the prices were very reasonable, we even received free popadoms, mint sauce etc upon arrival. However, the whole experience of dining at Kashmir was very disappointing, especially after reading all the good reviews here. For instance, my chicken tikka starter was deep fried and not nice at all. The main course curries arrived barely warm and the garlic naan was inedible. It was really nasty and stuffed full with uncooked garlic paste. And to cap it all, we were short-changed by a tenner. Be warned!

• Visited May 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“My favourite Indian”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place is amazing. I had my first curry here over 15 years ago. We would pop in every couple of months with my parents, travelling from Leeds. Now I've moved to Scotland it's a little more difficult though!

This place hasn't changed much over the years. It's so cheap and the food is great. I've had many experiences in curry houses of runny creamy curries with a couple of bits of meat thrown in for good luck but this place is so different. The curries are full of flavour, loads of meat and vegetables.

It's right in the centre of Bradford, great if you're going out afterwards. Otherwise there's ample free parking down the side streets.

Dine upstairs for a nicer eating environment. Onion bhajis are to die for!! We'll be back here next time we're in Yorkshire :).

• Visited October 2012
Paris, France
“Always good value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is one of the places you must eat in if you want to try a traditional curry. It has been open for years and serves good honest food at reasonable prices.
I ordered a mixed kebab and it was copious with chicken tikka, bharji, shami kebab etc.. and also the best fish pakora that I have tasted for a long time.
I ordered a dish which didn't really resemble what I thought I'd ordered but it was very tasty and the staff did not query when I asked for it to be spiced up. They also serve some of the best garlic naan ever.
The mince dishes tend to be a little 'hit or miss', but they do chicken very well. We could not finish all our food and all less than a tenner each, you could not fault it.
Yes, the decor could be improved, the dishes could be more refined, but for value for money you cannot beat it

• Visited April 2013