“Very nice”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Food was excellent, waiters were very pleasant and happy to join in with a bit of banter.
Generous helpings and quite reasonably priced. Will definitely go again!

• Visited June 2014

“Below expectations”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I ate here last week having turned right at the traffic lights to avoid rush hour traffic. The restaurant was quite and there were loads of waiters. I was shown to a table which was quite pleasant. Looking at the menu it offered no mixed starters or bhajis? so I ordered mixed kebab. and I got 1 of each. Not particularly well cooked but reasonably tasty. Waiter advised me at the time of ordering how long it would be and he was fairly accurate. Main course arrived and it was chicken chilli balti with mushroom pilau and 3 chapattis. To be honest there was enough rice for 2 but it was greasy as, the main course was ok but again a bit greasy. You will see I've visited a number of curry houses and this isn't one I will be rushing back to. the meal cost £19 with 2 bottles of sparkling water.

• Visited August 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible food terrible service”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

the food was spoiled by the amount of oil and grease, chicken was really bad quality. I actually felt sick. service was also very bad, waiters just don't have a clue. warm white wine.

• Visited July 2014
“disgusted”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

After booking this restaurant for a 21st on the 28th of July, we booked well in advance and after riming on the 27th to up the amount of people to eat there to 23. we arrived on the 28th to find the restaurant closed they did not even ring to cancel they just did not open and we even met some people from Manchester that got a taxi and were left with nowhere to go, I think that this was disgusting and we will be seeking expenses for this. So I would stay clear from this restaurant I were you lot.
c

Visited July 2014
2 Thank grahamdiv
Baildon, United Kingdom
“Nicest Curry around but need to work on everything else!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've visited Akbars many times as I really cannot find a curry house to beat the food! however I normally just pick up a takeaway here, last week however a group of us decided to eat in- I wish we hadn't! The food was fab as it always is, but the service was poor! firstly we booked a table for 12 and were shown to a table with 10 seats and told to all squash in! in the end 2 of the party ended up sitting on another table elsewhere in the restaurant. we ordered a children's pizza dish which they didn't have in stock and didn't bother to tell us so either until all our main courses were brought out which left one disgruntled child! the toilets were pretty filthy, no toilet paper in any of the cubicles except 1, floating faeces in the other, not what I expected to see from a top class restaurant! the waiter kept forgetting our drinks when we ordered them and was pretty difficult to get him back over I just got the general impression that communication between the waiting staff and cooking station wasn't at its best! ill stick to my takeaways from this place from now on

• Visited July 2014