“lovely location with super staff”

Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is in a lovely quiet village location and you can be assured of a good nights sleep. The staff are friendly and helpful and for a woman travelling alone they were very thoughtful. I had a lovely spacious room and everything was spotless in cleanliness. The bed was comfortable and huge. I think the public areas need to be made more comfortable as they look cheap and let the place down, did not feel like sitting in the bar for a quiet drink as not well appointed. Food was ok but not special. Definitely has potential to be a super place but still worth staying in for a night if travelling in the area, better location than in the towns surrounding it. I liked the friendly atmosphere created by the staff.

Room Tip: I must have had a good standard room as very spacious with lots of additions but I think all will be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SuffolkMobo
Abi H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear SuffolkMobo,

Loving the title of your review! Its brilliant to hear such lovely comments about our staff. Providing excellent customer service is our number one priority so I'm so glad our staff made you feel at home. There's no doubting our idyllic location! We have just recently reopened our Village Inn Pub onsite, which offers a more intimate and cosy dining area, serving both real ale and locally sourced food. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to experience the new dining area in the not too distant future. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The hotel is set in a pleasant location a mere 15 minutes away from the M62. There is a large car park and good access to local amenities. The hotel itself is of a decent standard although I would say that the prices as charged are a little high for the facilities. The room was clean although the facilities were not in such a good order. The rooms could certainly do with a little refurbishment. It is always the little things that are noticed; broken toilet roll holder, television not working correctly, iron and ironing board broken or damaged.

The staff on reception were business like and the bar and restaurant staff, very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gaza,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to leave your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with the facilities in your room, I will ensure our maintenance manager is aware and that these items are either repaired or replaced. Its fantastic to hear your kind words regarding our food and beverage team and I will make sure this is reiterated to them. We are in the stages of a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, starting in our public areas; having just reintroduced our Village Inn bar, serving real ale and locally sourced food. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in an executive room as we were attending an evening wedding party . The receptionist was very friendly and helpful . The room was very clean and comfy (much better than premier inn) . The breakfast was excellent and was served in a buffet style which I liked

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank thackers26
Abi H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Thackers26,

Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I hope you had a brilliant evening at the wedding. Its great to hear your feedback regarding our reception team, they work really hard to achieve comments such as these so I will ensure this is reiterated back to them. The plentiful buffet breakfast most definitely goes down well, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you will remember us the next time your in the area, it would be great to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I visit about once a year and appreciate the quiet setting and friendly staff. The room was clean, and the evening dinner and breakfast the best yet.
Adam in the dining room was particularly helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 905ronaldm
Abi H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Ronald,

It's great to hear you come back and visit us year on year. We are very proud of our quiet, rural location... even more so when the suns been shining like it has! Thanks so much for leaving your comments regarding our staff, its much appreciated and I will ensure your feedback is reiterated to Adam. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our day and evening reception at the holiday inn. Superb food. Great rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. We had a great day and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Thank you for making our day so special

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Abi H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Bridget and James,

Congratulations, I hope married life is treating you well! Thank you so much for taking the time out to post a review for us. It's brilliant to hear you had a fantastic wedding day and a great time in the evening too! I'll be sure to pass this feedback amongst the team working on the day and of course Melissa too. We hope to see you and your new hubby soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night with work. Quite a bit out of the way located in the small village of Tong in between Leeds and Bradford. However it's a lovely, peaceful area with great views.

On arrival at my room, the lights were on, the bed had been disturbed and the toilet had been used! When straight back to check-in where the member of staff (sorry can't remember name) was extremely apologetic, bought me a drink at the bar and had the room made up straight away. Great example of customer service putting something right.

The room (and the hotel in general) are rather worn. From the foam wrapped around the bed legs and the tin foil around the shower head to the poor TV reception and grossly overpriced wifi. Lots needed to bring it in line with its competitors.

Didn't eat in the evening but breakfast was fantastic. Lots of choice, plenty of room and polite, friendly staff.

Didn't pay for the room so can't comment on value but I certainly wouldn't have paid the rack rate for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank simonp820

Dear Simon,

Thanks so much for taking your own time out to leave us a review. I'm really sorry about the issues encountered with your room, I was working on reception that night so the issue has been addressed already with the relevant departments. We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment of the public areas in the hotel, whilst maintaining the hotels traditional character. Its brilliant to hear your comments about breakfast, I will make sure they are reiterated to the chef and also the breakfast staff. I hope work will bring you back up this way soon, so we can welcome you back again. I'll have a bottle of... (Peroni was it?) waiting for you on arrival!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is set within it's own grounds in the remote village of Tong (between Bradford and Leeds). 10 mins either way to either place, but set in the quietest area you would think you were miles from anywhere.
I've been to this hotel a few times for functions but have never stayed over because I live about 20mins drive away. This time we went to a wedding and thought we would stay over because the price comparison of a taxi there and back, compared to the subsidised room rate, it was cheaper to stay.
The kingsize room we had was spacious, and comfortable (room 125), and had everything we needed for the 1 night we stayed. The bed was comfortable and served it's purpose.
Bathroom was adequate for it's needs, and the shower was a godsend.
The room even had an iron and ironing board too (which you don't really see in a lot of hotels).
Checking in and out was quick and simple. Reception staff are very friendly.
Breakfast buffet was really nice, and just what you need after a wedding reception.
Drinks surprisingly enough are reasonably priced. I was expecting £5 a pint but it was less than £4 for a pint of Thatchers cider.
The hotel is kept clean as you would expect it to be.
There is a small gym (no pool) on the 1st floor but we didn't use it.
Overall thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt7575

Dear Matt,

Your comments are really gratefully received. Why travel home from a function when you can walk 2 minutes upstairs- and have someone else cook breakfast for you in the morning! I'll make sure your comments are reiterated amongst all of the team. We strive towards achieving feedback like this so its brilliant to hear we are on the right track! Hope we get to see you in the not too distant future, whether you decide to stay or just pop in for a coffee!

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Jurys Inn Bradford
#15 of 27 in Bradford
The New Beehive Inn
The New Beehive Inn
#22 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford? Share your experiences!