“Read the reviews before booking”

Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Read the reviews before booking”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great value hotel in a country setting that does not fit with general impression of Holiday Inns. I booked here despite some unkind reviews and I can understand that problems do exist. I can only tell you as it was. I booked a junior Suite and got a very good price. I am a Platinum Card Holder but only found out when I checked out that I had been upgraded to the Bridal Suite. We were unaware of our good fortune but the room was excellent. I have paid double the price for this size of room locally. There was a wedding there at the same time of my stay and the noise levels were sometimes unacceptable from some boisterous guests but when we mentioned it at checkout we were informed that we could ask for a room well away from the wedding noise. This I would do next time. all in all a good stay and I would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive reviews, we are in a lovely country setting but only just less than 10 minutes drive from the M62.

Also just 10 minutes drive into Leeds city centre, we appreciate your honest critique of the Hotel, and only with feedback from our Hotel guests we can strive to improve the level service we deliver to our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
durham
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was situated in lovely countryside. It was clean, warm and comfortable. Room was very spacious and the bathroom clean and with a lovely shower. Didnt have breakfast so couldnt comment on that but we did have dinner in the local pub, The Greyhound. Food could have been really good if they didnt use frozen chips. The steak was very good but spoiled by the desire to get things out of the freezer made me wonder what other dishes were from the freezer.
Back to the hotel we enjoyed our stay and thanks to the hotel staff for trying to allocate us to a quiet side of the hotel due to the booking of two weddings. The noise was minimal. little rowdiness around 11 till 12 and then a peaceful night. It didnt spoil our experience of the hotel.

Room Tip: check to see if they have wedding parties booked if you want a quiet evening. We didnt have a great...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

On your next stay why not eat in the Hotel we have a great new Menu in our Restaurant and great selection of daily specials dishes.

Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Quite a nice hotel, we stayed over after a wedding. Top tip - there is a great pub just down the road in Tong (Greyhound). Go there. There was absolutely no drinkable beer at the bar (I think the only choice was Boddingtons or some watery lager. It really needs sorting out.
Beds were huge and comfy and we passed on the pricey breakfast (I'm veggie and adverse to paying a tenner for some toast)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your balanced feedback, we have taken all your comments on board. Boddingtons is the only beer we do stock; as Lagers are the most popular drink for our customers we have a wider selection of these.

If you require a larger selection of traditional beers, there are some good places within the local area as are Hotel is well positioned to be a short drive away to the fantastic Yorkshire Dales.

The continental price for the Breakfast is much cheaper and provides a better option for your next stay.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed one night following a wedding. The room was excellent. Enormous bed, decent TV, nice and clean. Didn't eat here as the breakfast was a bit pricey. Bar staff were great. Shame about the terrible choice behind the bar. No real ale on draught, just lager, stout and a keg of Boddington's fizz. The bottled drinks were lacking in imagination too. Could do better. Overall a good place but if I were staying here I'd be having a drink at the excellent pub The Greyhound down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Sam G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response.

Breakfast when not included in your Bedroom rate can be pr ordered for a discounted rate.

We do stock over ten different Bottled drinks and on Draught we have Stella, Stella 4%, Becks, Boddingtons, Murphys and Thatcher’s Cider.

We are always looking to try and improve are product range but we believe these products cater for most of our customers tastes.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Pros:
The Rooms were large and well-presented and the shower was hot and strong.
Location is great if you don’t want to be in the city and is only 15 mins from the centre
Nice grounds and plenty of parking
Quiet area with a nice bar and spacious dining area. Beer was cold and tasted as it should.
The hotel would be great for a function (wedding etc.) and there had been a few while we were there.
Cons
Food was not up to standard. I had a Chicken burger for dinner one night and it was a piece of chicken in a bun. Not what I expected at all. No one at the table enjoyed their meal and it was expensive for a burger. We ate out every night after that. Breakfast was mixed. one morning we had trays of food on hot plates and the next it was table service. One morning we turned up at 6:45am and there was no milk for cereal and no fresh orange juice. Now there was never that many staying so I can only imagine it wasn’t topped up.
Majority of the staff not very enthusiastic and it reflected badly on the hotel.
Gym was very basic and not maintained. I had to ask them to fix the rowing machine and the water cooler. Note these were fixed. When I booked the hotel, mainly for the gym, it gave the impression of being bigger. Note it’s not. The dumbbells are very light and all you can do is a bit of cardio and some Ab workouts.
Summary:
Mixed review for me with this Hotel.
I stayed here for 5 nights in total over two weeks and I won’t stay here again, if I’m being honest. But that shouldn’t put people off from staying here. The food is ok at best and the service is ok but it is a nice hotel in a nice area. There was a couple of staff who did their best but the majority of them gave me the impression they could be bothered. But that’s just my opinion.
Other customers may like this hotel but it wasn’t for me and I have tried to be fair with this review as there are some good points to the hotel but for me too many bad.

Room Tip: Be as far away form the funciton room as possible. You can hear the music of function in some rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear BillyK777,

Thank you for taking the time to post your balanced and constructive feedback about your stay.

The Gym is advertised as a mini gym on our hotel website and other third parties websites.

I have passed on your comments to the relevant Head of departments to improve are levels of service based on your feedback.

We do pride ourselves on our good level of customer service and good food, which is why we have a large number of repeat Hotel guests on a weekly basis.

I would like you to reconsider about your views not returning to the Hotel.

Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel is located in a small village between Leeds and Bradford, a peaceful location and quite rural... We used this as an overnight base for visiting friends and family in Leeds.

I got a great rate with the Holiday Inn website and parking at the hotel is no problem due to the large car park.

On arrival I was recognised as a Priority Club member and had my 'Welcome Pack' ready and waiting for me. We were given a large corner room with 2 double beds - lovely and spacious with pleasent decor and a spacious bathroom to boot - my daughter kept remarking how lucky we were!! The room itself was very clean and the beds were very comfortable - a good nights sleep!!

All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and extremely courteous... we had arrived late in the evening but the restaurant staff were more than happy to accommodate us - the food was lovely, really tasty and plenty of it!!

The breakfast choice was excellant - something for everybody and the cooked food was actually hot!!

All in all, a very good stay. Will be visiting Leeds again next month and will def consider using this hotel for a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep

Room Tip: The corner room (family room) at the far end of the hotel is lovely and spacious...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Hotel. We appreciate your postive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again very soon.

KInd Regards

Matt
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had our wedding service, reception and evening "do" at the hotel ; the food was the best we have had at such occasions; the help and service were second to none; the m.c. for the day was terrific and Mellissa the wedding organiser had everything under control and was extremely helpfull. We had a fantastic day it could not have been better

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Keith B,

Thank you for great feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to post your positive comments.

Regards

Matthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford? Share your experiences!