“It's fine, honeslly!”

Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Leigh, Greater Manchester
“It's fine, honeslly!”
Reviewed May 6, 2009

The rooms were really nice, the place was spotless and my bathroom was also recently refurbished and immaculate. Not far from either the town centre or the indian restarauntrsthat Bradford is famous for. Only word of advice I would give - don't go in through the door marked "reception" - check in is in the bar, which is served by a seperate entrance on the left of the building.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kent
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Well our room was lovely and spacious, with very nice curtains.However there were a few problems. Management were very nice, helpful and tried to help, so this made what could have been an bad stay into an ok stay.
Firstly we found the TV a little confusing, but this was due to part of it being manual and part with a remote as a previous guest had stolen the TV remote.
Then it started to rain, and water started to come in throught the cealing in the bathroom. This was a little concerning, but management offered to move us, or give us another option of bathroom.
The decor of the room had clearly been updated, but i feel the furniture and the bathrooms would be the next step, as they looked tierd and worn.
Pleasent staff, but somewhere i would only stop for one night.

• Liked — curtains
  • Disliked — dirty shower
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Southampton
Reviewed November 12, 2008

22 room hotel but I seemed to be the only one there!

The hotel had recently been refurbished and it was visible to see but they should have done the showers as the shower I used was a little mouldy around the edges - it was hot though!

Throughtout my 3-day stay, the heating was off in my room and radiators outside my room - probably because I was the only one in the hotel.

The big plus point was W-Fi internet - FREE.

Breakfast was ok for a fiver - not offered cereal - just got the fry-up which hit the mark - well cooked, friendly service.

Hospitality tray was good but didn't get replenished the second day - in fact no-one came in the second day to clean, empty bins etc.

A small soap and showercap was provided - no shampoo though.

An ironing board, iron and hairdryer was provided which was a nice touch.

For the price - £40.00 per night it was ok.

• Liked — Free Wi Fi Internet Access
  • Disliked — No heating in Mid November!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
dublin
Reviewed November 1, 2008

28th october 2008

We stayed at the Westleigh hotel which has been recently refurbished. My elderly mother who is not very good on her feet was given a really nice room on the first floor and would like to thank the management for all the help they gave us during our stay. The rooms and beds were really comfortable and it was obvious that the rooms had been recently decoretaed with no expense spared. The manager told me the hotel has just recently been taken over in the past month.We were asked would we like breakfast, which we did and in the morning enjoyed a full english breakfast which was scrumptious. we ill definately stay again and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone considering a stay there.

yours sincerely

N Potter & family

• Liked — the rooms and the service
  • Disliked — checking out to go home
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed at the Westleigh in Bradford for many years until it became just too shabby. I have not stayed there for about 6 years until this weekend.

When I was looking for accommodation in Bradford for this weekend the Westleigh came up and the web-site promised a newly refurbished hotel. The pictures looked very nice.

On arrival, as another reviewer has noted, I had to check in at the bar. I am also a single woman traveller. The reception desk in the hotel was shuttered for the entire duration of my three night stay.

My room was nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom, however, had not been refurbished and the shower could have done with retiling as a minimum. When I showered I noticed that the water was taking a long time to clear from the tray - so long in fact that I feared the bathroom was going to flood.

I mentioned this on my way out of the hotel that morning. When I arrived back in the late afternoon, there was a note on my door saying that I would have to move rooms as the problem I had reported was more serious than originally thought.

The man who seemed to be the manager helped me move my luggage and my second room was equally nice. The bathroom had not been refurbished but the shower seemed to be in better condition than the first. What a mistaken impression that was! The following morning despite running the shower for 10 minutes and seeking assistance the water remained stone cold. I was invited the use the shower in the unoccupied room next door. There was hot water coming from that shower but it was such a small trickle of water that it was all but useless - there was certainly not enough of a flow to wash my hair. The main light in this bathroom did not work so the only light was from the light over the mirror. Again the bedroom seemed nicely decorated but the bathroom had definitely not been refurbished.

As a single traveller, it was disconcerting that the reception was shuttered for the entireity of my stay and I had to either seek assistance in the bar or knock on the door marked private when there was no-one in the bar. There was no telephone in the room so on the day I wanted a shower with other than icy cold water I had to get dressed to go downstairs and seek assistance.

The public lounge and dining room were both closed and looked as though they had not been used for some time. The rate was room only but there was no option to pay additionally for breakfast.

I had, sadly, paid on arrival and I asked for a discount yesterday. I was told this morning that the owner had rented out the room in good faith and would not be offering me a discount.

I see from an earlier posting that the owner responded to comments. Perhaps he would like to respond to this post. I saw three rooms and in all three rooms the bathrooms had not been refurbished (or if they had I do hope they did not pay the company who did the work!) and were completely inadequate. It is obvious that the owner has so little interest in this property that he seems unaware that the bathrooms in at least 15% of rooms are not refurbished (ie 3 rooms out of 22) and are in a poor state of repair and unfit for purpose.

My advice to all travellers to Bradford is to avoid this "hotel" at all costs.

• Liked — The rooms were nice decorated and the beds were comfy
  • Disliked — The bathrooms were unfit for purpose; there were no reception staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank ballet_fan
Cambridge, England
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I had a mid-week overnight at the Westleigh and wasn't disappointed. It was exactly what I had hoped... a clean room with a good bed and a sound night's sleep. The building has been renovated, the furnishings simple but complete with the bed in great condition, like-new. The en suite bathroom was clean and easy to use.

Check-in was at the bar of the pub downstairs which a little awkward since I wasn't keen to advertise that I was a single woman staying upstairs, but the bartender was brilliant and checked me in away from the crowd. He also took the time to point me in the right direction for my dinner arrangements.

There was no breakfast offered with my room, which was fine because I had an early start the next day and couldn't be bothered.

The only oddity was at check-out, when I could find no staff, no bell, and all the doors locked except the exit. Would be nice to have some sense that there was staff on hand if there was a problem.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CasaHaggis
holland
Reviewed June 29, 2008

we stay at westleighs atleast once a month and its amazing the way the hotel has changed in the last one year. a lot of work has been done and the hotel is absolutely brilliant now.. large rooms and wonderful service.. the landlords personally care for the customers( which you dont see in most hotels these days).. would recomend if you were coming to bradford.. affordable and right for the price..

• Liked — the size of the rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends