“Fantastic”

The Westleigh Hotel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Fantastic hotel - cannot fault it. Simon and the team are lovely and look after you around the clock. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very spacious. The food is very reasonable and a wide choice on the menu. The breakfasts are great and they have an amazing coffee machine! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chris r

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nothing too much trouble here from the hotel owner who introduced himself as Simon. Checked in no issues on Saturday afternoon & took in some of the live sport in the bar. Popular with Uni guys watching the excellent larger screen TV's. Selection of real ales on the cosy bar - my dad didn't know what to choose, & there were a variety of ciders that my partner was keen on. Had a bar snack then ate out at one of Bradfords curry houses before coming back for a quiet drink later on. Rooms spacious and very warm & cosy. They don't skimp on heating bills here ! Breakfast was full English with a selection of cereals & as much tea & coffee that you could drink. Had another friendly chat with the owner before settling up. Finished weekend off with a trip out to Haworth (must see village!!) and a visit to Valley Parade to watch a six goal thriller between Bradford and Coventry. I studied in Bradford as a student and it was nice to come back and stay somewhere nice & warm & cosy - unlike my old house that you needed socks on in bed. Would stay again when in the area reminiscing about uni days or visiting for work

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank CoventryDavidG
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to friends that lived close by. The staff were very friendly. The carpets and walls up to the rooms were drab and in need of a refurb. Did have trouble opening the security door to the rooms. We were offered room 16 which on opening the door looked very good but on close inspection had a severe water leak from a room above with no attempt to conceal the fact. Such a shame as the room was very spacious and the furnishings were quite good. On inspection of the bathroom in the room we decided to ask for a change. The staff were very good in offering us room 19 it was spacious clean and comfortable. The decor needs cheering up but we had a comfortable undisturbed good nights sleep, bathroom was clean apart from the odd unattended spot. Overall we had a pleasant stay for the price. Did have a drink downstairs in the bar and it was reasonably priced and although we didnt eat there the food looked extremely reasonable. Great potential to have a lovely hotel with a little investment. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: avoid room 16
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am sorry to say that my first rooms bathroom toilet seat was falling off. And the shower was a hand held type. Bedding was clean (room 10)
The hotel was willing to change my room to room 18 when I returned that evening I had to move my own bags oh. This room had a bad odour so bad I needed to sleep with the window open.
Good points bar/staff willing, food good
Points to note although I am a guy thinking about the lady's the area is not the best.Car parking although CCTV cover is very open.
I sorry to say that I would be unlikely to stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday night. Carpets on stairs up to rooms noticeably dirty. Bathroom in the room was dated with blind on window and no bin (not great for the ladies when it's that time of the month), dirty patches and water marks visible on the walls near the toilet and a pubic hair stuck to wall. Gross!
Next morning woke with several itchy bites on me which weren't there before.
Breakfast disappointing, expected much better standard for £7.95 pp. Sausages were horrible. cheaper than cheap (suspect deep fried)- full of grease and mushrooms also oozing all the way through with grease (suspect they were also deep fried!)

Didn't complain but will not be staying there again. Ever!
Avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was here with my family which includes our one year old daughter. We booked the hotel through Agoda. We rented a car and being a small town, Bradford was very easy to navigate with little assistance by the trusty GPS.

Check in was no issue and on-site parking was complimentary. We could see our car from the room. The hotel did not offer elevator but it was not a big issue. We were traveling en route to Scotland for the Edinburgh Festival at that time.

Room Tip: Had to climb a few flights of stairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Bradford so stayed over at this hotel for one evening. It was well priced and in a convenient location for the wedding.

The hotel was clean, our room was well sized and decorated nicely. We thought it may be a little noisy as there is a pub within it (serves some quality ale) but it was actually very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012