“A little pricey but usually delicious - well worth a try.”

Wilsden Balti and Tandoori Takeaway
Ranked #129 of 706 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Keighley
“A little pricey but usually delicious - well worth a try.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've been visiting wilsden balti for several years and have tried many of their dishes. It's a small takeaway, that can seat about 5 waiting. It's easy to find, on the Main Street in Wilsden, opposite the car showroom, on the left side travelling up the street towards the roundabout. There is a small amount of street parking available.

There is plenty of choice, catering for your mild tastes up to much hotter. Everything from Asian style masala, saag gosht, chicken tikka, all the usually and several specials. The specials come in large containers and are a large portion, the standard 'lamb madras' is the usual smaller container. All the usual starters are available.

I normally order by phone and it is usually ready within a few minutes of the stated time; it's normally a 20-30 minute wait, although if I call in its not normally this long.

For me, the chappatis are the best I've had; they are large, soft and tasty, and 2 are enough. The Asian style masala comes with 2 chappatis but most of the currys don't. I've found that a starter, with a couple of poppodums, then a main with chappatis comes to about £10 (dec 2013). The only downside for me is that you don't get a yoghurt unless you have a starter, and they are green and yellow, not the usual mint yoghurt.

The staff are friendly and although some may find it a little pricey it's usually delicious and well worth a try.

Visited December 2013

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Currys good, Naan's bad”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten takeaway from here on a number of occasions. The food is good and if they don't have what you want they will whip it up for you. Naan's are such a let down they are like a supermarket one so I usually play it safe and opt for chapattis. Friendly staff.
All starters get a big thumbs up.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bradbrad1
“Just moved here , not a good curry , and late !”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Arranged to pick up food , had to wait another 20mins, didn't seem bothered . Food average , wierd colour sauces . Just moved here expected good Bradford curry . I'll get takeaway and delivered free .

• Visited September 2013
“Brilliant ”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food great price quality meat used great you can see the chefs cooking overall brilliant! Service always great.

YORKSHIRE
“OMG why haven't we heard about this sooner!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were told about this takeaway by a friend who was raving about it and decided to give it a go being only a couple of villages away. We are so glad we did. Apart from the lovely welcome the food is fantastic, easily as good as any restaurant and reasonable too. We were asked how we heard about the place and were given a couple of bhaji s to try on the house. The curries are all very good I struggle to eat very spicy food but this was fine although theres plenty of choice for the less faint hearted. we shared a lamb tikka korma, chicken pasanda and mixed biryani. The sauces are great too, in fact I could not fault anything. Onion bhaji s are unique and taste good. You can see the chefs cooking in the kitchen. There's a well laid out waiting area with seating and glossy mags to read. The menu is clear and precise. I noticed that they even provide packs of tandoori meat to BBQ at home.

• Visited August 2013