“Not a pleasant place”

Zaffran
Ranked #159 of 756 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The service is poor, there is no customer service at all. Very slow. The kitchen is filthy, no hygiene. They re- use left over rice anHi brother, can you spread the word that zaffron in bradford on west Hi brother, can you spread the word that zaffron in bradford on west gate road isn't halal. They have pork pieces contained in their meat and chicken to make it taste slightly salty. My brother worked there for 2 days and he witnessed it and left. They claim to be Muslims but they are Christian Arabs. Please spread the word.gate road isn't halal. They have pork pieces contained in their meat and chicken to make it taste slightly salty. My brother worked there for 2 days and he witnessed it and left. They claim to be Muslims but they are Christian Arabs. Please spread the wordd food. Never going again

3  Thank Hamerabano1

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I know Persian food, I have it all the time and I cook it.
We ordered the food via phone. We ordered A kind of stew. They omitted two important ingridient of the stew. The lentile was over cooked. Iwas checking the menue that I noticed they names of of their food az Zeresh Polo. This meal is supposed to have Zereshk which is a kind of berry. The english name is berberis. It is sour and the colour is red. But very surprisingly they replace it with broad bean!!! How such thing is possible!!!
I can understand that some people may like this food but please do not call it Persian.
Persian food is amazing! :D

1  Thank n_onlylonely
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've had persian kabobs since I can remember, and been tasting them from california all the way to the middle east.

I've had much better kabobs then the one's served here, but needless to say, the region lacks any proper persian restaurants, therefore zaffran can be said to be the best in the yorkshire area.

As a note, I don't believe they serve any real arabic food, and is a little bit different then what my taste buds are used to when it comes to lebanese/palestinian/syrian arabic food.

3  Thank Hamad_Mansour
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The food here is faultless. Meat is cooked so tenderly! The hummus is the best hummus I have ever tasted. The outside of the restaurant does not do it justice as the food served inside is amazing. It is such good value for money, 3 of us ate here just last week and it came to £20.70! We were full to the brim & could not even finish what we had ordered. I highly recommend the bakhtiari mix to share between 2 people (with an extra side). I was shocked to see that this restaurant had never been reviewed or even placed on trip advisor so I had to add it.

4  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The first time I visited this restaurant I had close to the perfect dining experience. The food is very reasonably priced and is of excellent quality. It is authentic Arabic and Persian cuisine and is all very fresh and well presented. The service was good, and the little extras like a bottle of chilled water to your table while you wait for your starters and drinks was very welcome. I enjoyed it so much that I vowed to go again and take the rest of my family.
The second time I went the experience started just like my first, but then...
The starters and mains turned up at the same time?
Not once after this did any staff come and ask if we were OK?
We had to go downstairs and ask for deserts?
The deserts came about 30 minutes later....we had ordered ice cream?
All this and we were 4 of about 8 customers....
When the deserts came they failed to take away any of the plates from the starters and mains?
Food was still incredible but service was absolutely awful. I would not risk the poor service again, but if you want to gamble the food will certainly not disappoint.

2  Thank Rob M