“Early Bird Excellance”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Visited on a Thursday evening for the early bird menu, the place was busy and buzzing. Service was quick and pleasant. Good selection of food on the early bird menu. Where else can you have a top class 3 course meal and drinks for under £40.

1  Thank Farr-Duvall
There are newer reviews for Rocca

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Slowly food quality decreasing and customer service has pretty much stayed below average. When food returned a poor excuse has been made, they moan about it being too busy. Sometimes the pizza is fantastic and others its too doughy. Our last order of a takeout was declined because they were too busy. Don't advertise it if you can't fulfill your promise. Give it a try and hopefully you will get the good food and good service that they can produce.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ten of us went on a Thursday evening at 6 o clock. By half past the restaurant was nearly full!
Although Rocca offer an early bird menu, £14.95 for 3 courses, we all chose from the main menu. All our meals were delicious and very generous in the portions. two of our number were children and at one point the chef came out and spoke to them both.
We will definitely be going back to Rocca as we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went to rocca on Saturday evening and it was gorgeous!! The renovation from the villa Roma is truly amazing. The owners have done a fantastic job and it really is a credit to them!

We ordered prawns to start with and antipasti which were lovely! We shared the two between 4 of us and we all polished the plates ! For main I had chicken a la creme which was the nicest I have ever had!! My boyfriend had chicken la rocca which again was amazing! Service was fantastic, everyone had there own job to do and we're very efficient and polite! The restaurant was busy which gave a lovely feel to the restaurant!

It truly is the best Italian we have ever had and I cannot speak highly enough about it! I would urge anyone thinking of going to go as you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went as a large group and were made welcome. I debated about what to have on the menu but in the end went for the Early Bird menu. I had Goats cheese salad with pine nuts for starters, smoked haddock florentine for my my main course and Cherry chocolate and pistachio tart for afters. The smoked haddock was a little salty for my taste but still delicious enough to put up with the salt, the chocolate tart was billed as 'to die for' and I must agree it really was wonderful.
The atmosphere was great and it was not horrendously noisy despite the restaurant being full and there being two large groups in, (one of which was a bit noisy - I apologise to anyone there on the same night as us!!!)
The early bird menu was excellent value but some of the other dishes looked a bit on the expensive side.