“A must eat at”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“A must eat at”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went last night in a group of four and when we got there we was welcomed in by very nice staff. We got are drinks and they took us to are table. The food was out of this world. I will be going back very soon it was that nice

West Yorkshire
“Great atmosphere, average food”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Used to go to villa Roma so when it shut I was hoping for a new restaurant ASAP.
Rocca opened a month or so ago and i have been a couple of times now. The restaurant itself and staff are really good, MASSIVE improvement. Previous couple that owned it were hard work.
However nice the venue is the food is only average. Not being picky, everyone on our table felt same way (except salmon pasta which was nice)
Limited pizza menu. I went with my family and tried everyone's mains both times. My wife had fish and it was burnt, quite badly and soaked in oil. Kids had pizza and pasta and didn't taste of much really. My pasta was ok, just bland and very little of it for £10.
I really hope they can sort out the kitchen as it has massive potential, just need better chefs.
In the meantime I'm voting with my feet and will be going to aldos in cleckheaton where the food is always 10 out of 10.
Will try back in 6 months. Fingers crossed.

1 Thank JonathanB-UK
Baildon, United Kingdom
“Girls Mid week Meal Out”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've literally been dying to try this place out every since Gusto's Closed its doors, and It was certainly worth the wait! Myself and 3 friends chose to go on a Wednesday night as they offer a 241 on all Pizza and Pasta Dishes, and as were wernt making a big night of it, we didn't want to spend too much.
The staff were amazing, Very attentive, Nothing was too much trouble, The bar staff were fast and friendly and the food was to die for. the menu was extensive, something for everyone, the portion sizes were very large and after my main course I was gutted I did not have any room for dessert! The restaurant was packed and buzzing, great atmosphere, even the toilets were lovely! Cant wait to go back for more!

Bradford, United Kingdom
“An improvement on the old place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were fairly frequent visitors to the Villa Roma, so decided to try Rocca out on Friday evening. Everything about is an improvement on the old place. It has been tastefully refurbished. The bar area has been improved, but on the night we visited the bar tables had been taken away for varnishing. Luckily we had booked, as the restaurant was full. A family arriving after us had to were politely turned away. Best to book early then !
The restaurant area has improved. There were plenty of friendly attentive staff on duty, and the tables, fresh linen and place settings were perfect. It is most certainly more upmarket than the old Villa Roma (as was the food).
We had pizza and pasta, which were perfectly fine. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong folded pizza from the menu (there were 2 special pizzas on the restaurant blackboard and a different one on the bar blackboard). I got the very hot, spicy one which came with unexpected chips! It was far too hot for me. The staff saw that I was struggling and asked if I wanted a complementary replacement dish. I declined as I had had a good starter. At the end of the night they would not take payment for my main course, and offered apologies for any mix up.
We will most certainly go back, and I wouldn't hesitate from recommending it to anyone. Make sure you book though.

• Visited May 2013
Denholme, United Kingdom
“Ruined my birthday meal”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I start by saying I was looking forward to myself and partner trying out the newly opened restaurant for my birthday.
We have been to many restaurants over the years and no good food.
When we arrived at 7.50pm for a table booked at 8pm it was very busy so gave me hope in we had chosen good.
We ordered 2 drinks at a cost of just under £9 . Thought a bit steep. ( a wine and a pint of lager)
We were seated in the newly refurbished restaurant which looked nice and modern. Presented with cardboard menu .
We both ordered prawn starters and steak for mains mine been sirloin my partners been rib eye. Both ordered sauces which I choice the rosso. We ordered the medium / well done as we always do.
The prawn starter was presented well and plenty of it ( good job really as you will see why in a bit) and was tasty.
Mains came a short while after and looked good ( I say looked ) we ordered extra Chips for the side. We're given a tiny bowl of mixed veg, about 7 tiny new potatoes ,ma few carrots , leeks and courgettes.the chips were tiny frozen fries not what you expect in a restaurant and especially at the prices they charged. £7.95 each for our starters and £17.95 each for our main. Oh and the sauces were separate too at £1.95.
Things went terribly wrong from here. My steak was rare, not even medium like I said I had ordered medium well done.
We showed them this and the plate was taken away and a free glass of wine given. I sat there waiting a good 10 mins before they returned with another plate of steak. I stated to tuck into this one and found it was of terrible quality , 3/4 of it were fat/ gristle. The other bit I ended up giving to my partner as the whole experience had put me of my appitite. We again showed them the so called steak and the waiter said some heads are going to roll in there( meaning the kitchen).
My partner ordered coffee and dessert I didn't as the whole experience had ruined my birthday evening. I did taste his tirisumu and must admit it was the nicest I have tasted. Maybe they should open a tirisumu and coffee bar instead lol.
The bill came with minus my main of, the did still charge me for the sauce however. Even with my main of the bill came to £44.00 plus the drinks at the start. (9.00) . A very big let down and can honestly say the worst meal I have ever had in a restaurant. Don't waste your money.

Visited May 2013