“Poor service, false advertising”
Review of The Hitching Post

The Hitching Post
Ranked #25 of 53 Quick Bites in Bradford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly pub with a large beer garden and childrens play area. We offer a varied menu, with a lunchtime special off Mon - Fri and a 7 day carvery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been going to the Hitching Post for many years, but never again.
Had an email on Thursday advertising the deals and they advertise very clearly a Sunday Lunch at 2 for £12. Came in today to take advantage of this offer and I was point blank refused by the young lad behind the bar. He was rude, dismissive and disrespectful. I showed him the email and he refused to honour it. Blatant false advertising.
So I paid full price as I was there and my family were hungry.
However the meal wasn’t as expected either and is poor value compared to what you can find elsewhere locally. The Hitching Post advertised their Sunday dinners on Facebook today with a picture so you would expect a similar meal to be presented in the pub but the veg on choice was completely different to the picture. No red cabbage, no green beans and most disappointingly no mashed potato despite all 3 being present in the picture advertised. More blatant false advertising. Asked at the bar what was going on and was told if I wanted mash I would have to pay even extra money. Disappointed. Fuming. Tempted to take this further. Sort it out Hitching Post.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Smhdel
Michael B, General Manager at The Hitching Post, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I would be happy to discuss this with you if you'd like to call me on 01274 611169

Write a reviewReviews (249)

Reviewed September 11, 2019

So I work in a local care home my self staff and family members took most of the residents out for dinner there was about 35 of us hitching post catered more Carvery For this for it to turn out they all wanted the lunch time deal all the staff was amazing especially mike the manager he made sure we was all looked after and catered for what we wanted he even got the care staff dinner the food was lovely once again thank you so much

Date of visit: September 2019
Michael B, General Manager at The Hitching Post, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Thanks for the review Becky, I'm glad everyone enjoyed their lunches.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

It’s a long while since I last visited here we always found the post a nice place and the food good ,unfortunately today the food was bland ,meagre and not very nice the lasagne was so tasteless no herbs or even tomato taste the chicken was dry and with the 11 chips we got with it was not worth it the steak which should of been medium rare was charcoal we complained about the steak and another was cooked for us all together the price we paid wasn’t worth it the service was ok but no one seemed to smile there was not much greeting and made to feel welcome which was a shame the atmosphere was ok being very sunny there was a lot drinking outside not many inside so getting a table was no problem overall not a great experience be a while before we go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Michael B, General Manager at The Hitching Post, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Sorry to hear you didn't fully enjoy your visit and meals. If you would like to discuss this with me, please contact me on 01274 611169

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

We arrived without a reservation - would definitely recommend one on a busy Sunday - but a table for was quickly found for us. Despite being so busy, we didn't wait long before our starters were brought. We then went for the carvery with generous servings of a choice of meat from 3 joints and a vegetarian option. The Yorkshire puddings and cauliflower cheese were especially good and a wide variety of vegetables. Staff were helpful and friendly, with a very attentive landlord in attendance.

Date of visit: August 2019
Michael B, General Manager at The Hitching Post, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully the Yorkies and cauli cheese will tempt you again very soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Just awful food, over £6 for inedable frozen meat pie, frozen chips and peas, rubbish . Appart from that ,nice pub with a good atmosphere, just avoid the food

Date of visit: August 2019
Michael B, General Manager at The Hitching Post, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Hi.
I'm sorry you didn't like one of our best selling dishes. If you would like to speak to me regarding this, I would welcome your feedback.