“Scones”
Review of Toby's Tea Room

Toby's Tea Room
Ranked #66 of 757 Restaurants in Bradford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Toby's Tea Room, located next to the canal on the edge of a farm in Apperley Bridge, West Yorkshire is a beautiful, serene and exceptionally welcoming establishment that you rarely come across, and when you do, you'll definitely want to visit again.It's as well hidden as they come, but a true gem. Set in an old barn conversion with a decent sized outdoor terrace, Toby's provides a chilled out, relaxed environment with a fantastic menu selection, amazing staff and a truly unique tranquil setting.The staff are so friendly and professional, the food and drink exceptional, and the overall experience is really something you have to experience to believe - what a find !!!! thanks Toby's for providing this getaway from everyday life !!!
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Today i must say , have had the best scone and tea i have ever tasted this side of cleckhuddersfax . The staff were fantastic , especially Karen .

Tobynot, Owner at Toby's Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

Not only is Karen a wonderful hostess, she really does make an amazing scone!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I use this cafe nearly every week along with dog walkers, cyclists, family's and lots of others: the service is second to none; the staff are friendly, prompt and polite, the food is freshly made, homemade fair that is delicious and they even have a menu for your dogs, books for the kids and the decor is relaxing and interesting, you can eat inside or out, eating outside you can look at the scenery which is diverse, horses in fields on one side, wildlife on the other, back to the staff, they really are a friendly bunch, always smiling when serving and prompt to check you have what you want when you want, I will continue to be a regular patron as I enjoy going there so much

2  Thank zeebedee

It's lovely that our smiles get commented on!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

An impromptu stop during a walk on the canal. The food was excellent as was the service. We were greeted with smiles by very polite staff. Food wise I can highly recommend the sausage sandwiches, scones and brownies. We will be re-visiting very soon.

2  Thank andyj1972

Smiling is one of the best parts of our job!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We called in here after a Sunday afternoon stroll for a cup of tea. Good sized pot of tea for two and nice and strong. My son also had some chips and ginger cake with ice-cream. The bill came to £9.15 which, is reasonable for what we had. The service was swift and friendly and the atmosphere very relaxing. I would definitely call in again.

2  Thank summerdays12

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, we're so pleased you enjoyed your visit to us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited today and was very dissapointed by the cost of the products and the service I recieved. The 500ml drinks were £1.85 each and we had to wait 5 minutes for these to be brought out to us. After the drinks arrived we were brought no ice even though we asked for it. The actual paying process was also very slow as the waitress had to use a calculator to calculate the cost of 2 drinks!

I'm so sorry you found your visit to us such a disappointment. We do try to keep our prices in line with our competitors and reasonable for all. I'm afraid I must apologise for the use of a calculator, this is a process which I insist upon to remove possibility of error, it may seem an unnecessary step, but one which has helped us reduce miscalculation. Once again I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your visit to us, please be assured that I have noted your comments and they will certainly be discussed and we shall seek to make improvements where possible.