“Mediocre”

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The layout is average, and the staff are attentive and polite..out waitress was gr8.. We ordered chicken wings for starter in buffalo sauce,, great sized wings the sauce was ok,, main course was slow cooked ribs..very large portion to be fair..my gf ordered the jack Daniels burger,,(which came without) the jack Daniels sauce..all in all a decent place,,not mind blowing.. Only down side the chef was on his phone ,out of the time..but to be fair the manager did set him straight..

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great diner at the top of the M606”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Called in here tonight with my wife on our way home. She has been in before with work but first time for me.
First thing I noticed was how big it all seemed. Big tables, Big spaces. Just looked massive inside. Daily newspapers on the table as you walked in - nice touch.
Waitress guided us to our table and gave us menu, Chose the Hanqs Beef burger or whatever it was for 8.99 and a coke each.
Arrived a few mins later and I asked her for a pair of steps as the Burger was topped by the three biggest battered onion rings I have ever seen, Flippin' Enormous. Great chips as well not these disgusting French fries.
Proper Yorkshire Chips. (Just imagine me saying that in a yorkshire accent)
Have to say I can't think of a time when I was outfaced with a meal but today was it.
Great place.
Then she came round and asked if we wanted Desert!!!!
Naw just give me the bill!!! under 22.00 Great value for money. Be back!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Brian M
hanqs d, Manager at Hanqs Diner, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments, much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed your visit. Look forward to seeing you again. Would however recommend you leave room for dessert, or if you like just pop in for a coffee and cake, im sure you will be more than pleased.
Thanks again.
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was a bit dubious about going here tonight as I'd read a couple of bad reviews BUT I have to say we all really enjoyed our meal. Went with the family, we all had different mains and all agreed they were good. We had a starter but found we couldn't eat all the main so next time we go we won't have a starter. Toilets were very, very clean and modern, decore nice and modern, the waitress was attentive without being too much. Nice to see the chefs cooking. If there was one gripe we would have liked more cheese on the nanchos but thet is being picky. The chips looked like home made, scrumptious. Would definitely go again and my daughter has been for breakfast and said it was great too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank isaackiki
hanqs d, Manager at Hanqs Diner, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your visit and kind words. Just to let you know, the chips are hand peeled and cut on site. Glad you enjoyed.
West Yorkshire
“Value for money NOT”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited Hanqs today for an America burger! What did we get hmmm well nachos that looked like they have thrown from the bag in and warmed up in the microwave! My hanqs club was made with warburtons bread I think and was nothing special! No wow flavours I could have made a better one at home! I ordered chips and like 6 chips(iv added a pic)for £1.99! You can buy a bag of potatoes for that much! Only one girl serving she was pleasant and kind of helpful we had to ask for more drinks twice and once from a guy who didn't come back. Our mocktails where more foam then drink. The only thing nice about the food was the chips! After having the food now I wouldn't recommend this place to my friends. Sorry Hanqs Your not value for money!

“Not as bad as everyones making out... I came all the way from glasgow to try it and I'll be coming back again!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My sister stays in bradford and has been raving about this place since day one so when i came to visit her she was adamant i just HAD to try it out.
We went for brunch - there was 7 of us and 3 children. The service was on the spot even though there was so many of us. They were very accomodating when we asked for something for the children. The glasses were abit dirty when the drinks were brought out but it was no hassle at all for the waitress to wash them by hand for us, as the problem was because of dishwasher - who has that never happened to?!!
When my neice started playing up and spilling things, they didnt even tut or bat an eyelid and helped out.
Now the food!!! Wow!! That was amazing!! The steak was cooked exactly as i wanted, the eggs were cooked as i requested and waffles and pancakes were freshly made and an amszing experience. Only thing i would say is we also ordered banana split which wasnt what we expected - it was literally to bananas split with ice cream in the middle, on a plate. But when we asked for toppings and sauce, it was no hassle at all and tasted YUMMY!! :)
Im coming back down next weekend so be ready for me hanqs diner!!
P.s would recommend the chicken florentine... Mmmmmm