“The rooms are a dump!! Walk through corridoor and see sheets scattered.everywhere.”

Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Dirty cups, spoons, yellow walls, broken window, grime around shower, dirty mirrors, hair on the bed, badly made beds, sheets look dirty, paints wearing off everything ... ive only been.here 5.minutes but.i darent touch anything.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank stizzzz
Moez R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am sorry you did not find the room and the hotel to your liking and I would like to welcome the opportunity to turn this around and discuss your experience in further detail. Please could you kindly contact us at gm@hiexpressbradford.co.uk

Moez Romdhani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the worst hotels i have ever stopped in! The rooms are really old and even have fat TVs ! We had to unblock the shower drain from enough hair to make a wig (we phoned down to say it was blocked and they said it world have to wait until tomorrow) the rooms do not have ironing boards and irons, you have to walk down and get them as they do not do room service as we were told very abruptly on the phone.

Do not get your hopes up about the buffet breakfast as it has to be the worst u have ever had, beans sausage and scrambled egg that's your lot... It makes a Britannia hotel breakfast look like the Ritz !

I world avoid this hotel at all costs !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeanKrause
I was very saddened to read your comments and I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay.
I can assure you that you have not experienced our ordinarily high standards of service.
Once again we regret your disappointment and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you our normal high standards of service we provide to guests
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My son and I recently stayed here whilst visiting relatives. The staff were very friendly and
co-operative. We originally had a single bed and sofa bed in the room but my son wasn't
sure if the sofa bed would be comfortable for him. The staff offered us a room nearby
with two single beds which we were very happy with. The room was very warm and
comfortable.

Also, there was a good breakfast which was incidently free. We will come here again
when we next visit Bradford.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am glad that overall you found the hotel met with your expectations and that the location was ideal for going into Bradford.
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here overnight with a coach party. We were given the key cards to our roooms on the coach when we arrived so that we could head straight to our rooms. As usual, I found the room to be very clean and even though the twin room consisted of a double bed and a folded out sofa bed, the sofa bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep in our room on the first floor. I did note that some of our party had problems gaining access to corridors and rooms with their cards but reception staff were very helpful with this. Dinner was tasty and adequate and it was a nice gesture for the manager to turn the coffee machine on for us after our dessert.
The drinks choice at the bar is limited but prices were reasonable.
A special thanks to Karen and the other lady serving dinner and breakfast who were lovely and made us feel very welcome.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Reception is located on level 2 and there are rooms on this level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Peterborough UK
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Up in Yorkshire visiting family and needed an overnight stay at an economy price. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before but it was so long ago I forgot how good they were. So we booked into the hotel on a Saturday night for £40. This included breakfast too. Now its not the full English we all love but it was hot (scrambles eggs, baked beans, sausages) and you could also get coffees, fresh juice, pastries and tea. It was wonderful.

The rooms were very clean and they provided soap, showergel etc. (often omitted by other hotels) and the bed was very comfortable.

The staff were very helpful on check in and check out. All in all a great experience and at an unbeatable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
I’m delighted that you have taken the time to tell others about our hotel, team and service in such a positive way, I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Parking fees. On the booking confirmation, it states, “Daily Parking Fee £4”. This does not explain the car park charges every time you leave the car park. We had to leave after check in to attend a meal and paid £2.60 for the one hour we had been there. Upon check out we then had to pay another £3.60. I realise there isn’t a huge difference in the amount shown on the confirmation, however, I believe as a guest at the hotel, a pass should be provided for the £4 shown on confirmation to allow guests to leave and return to the car park as many times as they require during their stay.
No blankets provided for baby in cot, so is a good job I brought my own from home – later explained by the manager on duty at the time of check out that this is because of health and safety regulations, however, I believe that should be mentioned on booking or at latest, check in.
Although I put on my booking I would like a cot to be provided for us, the reception when checking in did not know this and therefore no cot was in the room, however, the gentleman on reception brought a cot to our room. This was a broken cot. My partner and I didn’t realise when we initially put the cot in the room, when looking at the cot, we thought there to be a slat missing out of the “mattress” therefore we put the cover from the sofa bed into the cot to lay our son on top, to provide a bit more cushioning. As it was late when we arrived back at the hotel, my son had fallen asleep on the way back and I had to carry him from the car park to the hotel, we used the cushioned cot rather than wait for the hotel to change the cot for us (Needless to say, he ended up in bed with us). Upon dismantling the cot, we realised the supporting bar had broken as it wouldn’t go down correctly. We know this as we have the same travel cot ourselves which we have put up and down on many occasions. Answer
The shower wouldn’t drain the water when you were inside it, therefore when my son splashed; water went all over the tiled floor, making it slippery. I had to make sure towels were placed on the floor before he got out of the shower. Perhaps it was a blocked drain in that particular room? I will say I thought the room was well kept, although old fashioned, it was clean.
Breakfast – Not a lot of choice, however, it does not bother me too much as we didn’t pay a huge amount to stay over. However, what was provided wasn’t great. The croissants were stale. My son couldn’t chew them and didn’t end up eating them. The bread was obviously cheap and was hard around the edges. The sausages, free choices of tea, coffee and juices and the cereals on offer were all good, on the other hand. Once choosing our breakfast and taking it to our seats, the highchair available for my son was FILTHY. And I mean horrid. It had clearly only just been wiped down rather than cleaned. It also wasn’t assembled correctly, resulting in my sons bottom falling through the seat. It’s a good job we used the straps and my partner was sat next to him to hold him in. unsurprisingly, he ended up sat on my lap.
I raised these issues with the manager on duty once checking out, who did not even introduce herself; therefore I cannot provide you with a name. She was most unhelpful only providing any sort of response as to why they cannot provide blankets for cots, she did not apologise and even said, I quote, “What would you like me to do about it?” I truly believe you need to train your staff, in particular your DM’s on customer service. The gentleman and lady on reception on check in and checkout weren’t unfriendly; however they weren’t particularly friendly, either. One lady, I’m unsure of her job role, was very friendly during breakfast as she walked around each table saying good morning, so you have at least one member of staff to be proud of.
One word to describe this hotel – Disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hannah B
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Hannah B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay

After reading you review i would be grateful if you would contact me directly at gm@hiexpressbradford.co.uk so that i could respond to you privately as clearly your stay experience was not what i would wish our guests to encounter

Kind regards

Dean Long
Lethbridge, Alberta
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Didn't know what to expect, but was surprised.

The room was an average room, nothing special, but it worked just fine for our stay.
The location is very central. Easy to access the highways and a 7 minute walk to downtown.
Lots of restaurants are around the hotel, so eating isn't a problem.
Parking is very good and cheap.
Breakfast in the morning is actually quite good. Good selection and some hot food items that tasted well.
Staff here were very friendly and helpful.

If you need to stay in Bradford, this is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElementTent
Dear Elementtent

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us

I will pass on your comments to my team, it is nice to hear that you found the location suited your needs for your trip to bradford and that you found the Free breakfast met with your expectations

Kind regards