“Very good value and wonderful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Very good value and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Staff are exceptional. Nothing to complain about here. Breakfast was included and was very good. Parking very reasonable price. Internet connection good and free which always leaves a good impression of a hotel's customer service. If I had to complain about anything, the room TVs need upgrading to flat screen, but I am sure that is planned. Overall the hotel is well recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Ianthailand999

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to all the team, we do focus on delivery of good customer service and i am pleased that this was delivered during your stay and the staff left a good lasting impression of your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you be in the Bradford area.

Dean Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Comfortable hotel, good location. What makes it really good are the staff, really helpful and friendly. We needed to find a restaurant where we were meeting friends The staff found us a map, took lots of time to direct us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ruth060
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Ruth060

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us .

It is a real pleasure to read your comments regarding my team. It is always our aim to provide all our guests with excellant customer service and i am glad that we delivered this during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be in the Bradford area.

kind regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner looked at hotels in Leeds for our shopping trip and found this hotel in Bradford which worked out cheaper to stay and get the train to Leeds. The hotel itself is a few minute walk from Bradford interchange as well as been on the doorstep of a handful of popular restaurants.

The room itself was a bit dated but for what we paid we couldn't argue. We also had a buffet breakfast which was included in the the very cheap price. Again we got what we paid for.

This hotel is ideal for a business trip or someone using it just as a place to stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Michael R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I would agree with you Bradford does provide an alternative to Hotels In Leeds and with regular trains every twenty minutes during peak times and the journey time of only 20 mins it can indeed work out as a cheaper option.

We look forward to you returning should you be in the bradford area again.

Staines, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for two nights when on a business trip to Bradford and I found the location great, although you will have to pay for parking (very reasonably priced too!). The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. The limited bar menu was OK. The curry stood out as the best, but don't expect any restaurant quality food. The breakfast buffet was adequate. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and overlooking the town centre. Get one on the upper floors for...
Dear Someshj1577

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us

I will pass on your comments regarding the staff to the team, we do aim to provide all our guests with a down to earth friendly welcome. The car park located on the complex is indeed very reasonably priced with the discount that can be obtaiend by getting your ticket stamped on your check out at the reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back again should you be in the Bradford area.

Dean
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel itself is situated right in middle of city centre with £3 parking for 24 hours which is not a bad deal in comparing with other surrounding hotels!!

Breakfast was okkay and could be even better if they had fresh orange juice instead of squash!! Room size was alright and clean, however I suggest to provide better pillows!!!

The manager was very helpful guy, polite and managed to solve our problem fairly and promptly!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear BM302

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I have noted your comments re the pillows and the orange juice, although we do have a juice machine that is self service for guests so i am unsure if this is what you are refering to as squash.

It is our aim to be able to solve any problems and issue during a guests stay and i am pleased that you found that the Duty Manager di so in a professional manner

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel should your be in Bradford again

Brereton, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed for two nights, and found the hotel to be pretty much like most other Holiday Inn Express, that is once I could find it. I could see it, but getting in was altogether different. What you need to do is pull into the multi-story car-park for the Leisure Exchange, and drive to the fifth floor. You then go through an alleyway, and into the main "square" of the complex. The hotel is just to the right as you come out of the alley. When I arrived there were a lot of youths congregating in the alley to the square, which was a little daunting. In the square there is a multi-screen cinema, a tenpin bowling centre, Nando's restaurant, a chinese buffet restaurant, Frankie & Benny's and Pizza Hut . As a result, you are given a fair amount of choice. The square felt safe, but not the alley from the car-park.

The hotel reception is a further floor up from the square. Both ladies were very pleasant, helpful and capable. Both check-in and check-out were totally problem free.

Upon entering my first room, it was obvious that someone had been smoking in the bathroom. As a non-smoker this was not to my taste. I called Reception, and the young lady promptly came to the room, and agreed that someone had indeed been smoking. To my pleasant surprise, the lady had brought a key to an alternative room, and I was quickly re-located. The second room I had was fit for purpose, with the exception, once again of electric sockets. Two in a room, both far from the bed are not sufficient. As a CPAP user, I need a socket close to the bed, as my machine has a limited range of breathing hose. Once again I had to return to reception to ask for an extension lead. The young lady was excellent, and quickly found me one. Despite these two requests in quick succession, there was not a hint of displeasure, and left me hugely impressed. Once again, the choice of pillows is good, and the bed is comfortable. (I like a firm bed.)

The room was clean, well equipped, and well lit. There was plenty of choice on the TV, although they seemed mostly to be in English. The complimentary kettle and hot drinks were not to my taste, but I do not drink coffee, tea or herbal teas. I did not want to bother the reception further, and so did not request sachets of drinking chocolate.

The bathroom was also clean, and there was a good shower, with good strong jets and copious hot water. Those that like to take a bath would not have been able to do so, as there was no bath provided.

The complimentary reakfast was decent, with a fair amount of choice of cold meat, cereal, yoghurt, toast, fruit, fruit juices and a cooked option. If anyone finds why no bacon is available in HIE, please let me know. The suspense is killing me. They have sausage, beans, scramled egg, so WHY NO BACON???? Their hot drinks machine at breakfast has an excellent drinking chocolate option.

WiFi was free. I found it was quick, and totally problem free.

All-in-all, the HIE in Bradford is a decent hotel, and I would certainly use it again when in the area. Since my visit there, though, I will take my own extension lead and sachets of drinking chocolate on all future visits to HIE hotels.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much standard at HIE. If you need more than one electrical socket, carry a mul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alan_ldsuk

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us

I am sorry that you found the hotel entrance difficult to find, city centre road layout are never easy to navigate round. If you follow signs for the Leisure Exchange then this will bring you to the Car Park for the complex. If you Park on the Fourth Floor you can walk out onto the Plaza for the hotel. In your review you described this as an alley, but this is over 25 foot wide and is well lit and has cctv coverage and the entrance to the bowling alley you mentioned off from it.

I will pass your comments regarding the team that were on duty , This is the response that i would expect any guest to have from my team.

In relation to the Breakfast we do follow the IHG standard for our free breakfast and i know they do monitor review sights which aid them in adapting and changeing Brand Standards.

If you do make a return visit then just advise us before hand and we will be able to have an extension lead in your room ready for you.

Newbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited the hotel yesterday. The hotel is in a great location and very near the railway station Bradford (international).
The hotel is in a retail/leisure park area. Next to it is a cinema, pizza hut , nandos, and frankies and bennies resturants. Within 4 minutes you can get to all these units.
The hotel does very basic food menu , and limited bar with drinks. So these places are a bonus and nearby.
Staff and the hotel are welcoming and friendly during my visit , and all other guests seemed happy.
The free breakfast was busy as i expected , however it was kept well topped up for everyone.
Dont expect the range to be vast. There are very limited choices. Some hot items , bread, pastries and cerals.
I would recommend this hotel to others

Dear Hopwood25

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us

We do aim to provide a good value for money stay and ensure that all guests are met and dealt with by a friendly welcoming team

We look forward to welcoming you again should you return to Bradford