Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
  • Pool
$50
$45
Good 3.5/5
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
$47
$76
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewspizza hutbowling alleycar parkleisure complexleisure exchangebeanshi expressfrankie and bennyssofa bedhollywood bowlfree wifishort walkbreakfast was includedkey cardhotel is situatedbradford city centrebudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Reviewed December 2, 2012

For me, the Holiday Inn Express in Bradford City Centre is home from home. Ever since I have been checking in since August. In fact I am for the next 6month. They have always catered for my every needs. I am not the easiest of individuals to deal with at best of times. But they have always put up with me.

Dean, the Manager even provided me cufflinks, when I forgot mine.

I am so happy hear with the service, the company and some of the guests i don't want to leave them for another hotel.

Winston.

Room Tip: I have the best room in the hotel. That's all I care about. 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel, away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Winston K

Thank you for taking the time to review your time at the hotel.

I am very glad that you have found all the staff have made a diifference to your stay. We do try and assit guests in any way we can. I will keep a pair of cufflinks in my desk in case you need some again this year.

We all look forward to seeing you again in 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good location, three or four restaurants on the door step, bowling alley and cinema also within a stones throw...

Check in was a bit bumpy, I use HI most weeks with work and yet when I checked in, seemed to be a problem with the business booking and their credit card.. Never happened in 100s of other stays elsewhere so unsure why this time... It did get resolved though.

Turns out there is free wifi in the hotel but not mentioned when I checked in.. As a gold card member, i was not asked on check in if I was part of their premier club..

Went to room (310) and I assumed the window had been left open to freshen the room up... Turns out the window was shut but it was loose on one end, it was a windy night so it was a big no no getting any sleep with it like that so i went back to reception and mentioned it, I was moved to the room next door. The reception staff seemed to be aware that certain rooms have this issue as theydidn't even ask any more info, just moved me..

All staff in the hotel seem very friendly though, price was extremely competitive (save work money i suppose) so all in all, not bad.. Just could be better with some tweaks and certainly the window issues fixed.. If the hotel was full and unable to be moved then I would dread to think of the nights sleep I would have had....

Location is the biggest attraction if you need to be in the centre, if not.. Maybe try elsewhere..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Stephendonoghue

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am sorry that your checkin was "bumpy" i can only assume that we did not have the correct third party information completed.

We will look into futher the issues your encoutered with the window, staff will generally move guests without any fuss to aleviate the issue quickly and investigate later on.

Your comments about the staff will be passed on to them

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at the EXpress Bradford City Centre for some six weeks now.

Clearly, I might be an unusual guest for an Express hotel, given the extended length of my stay. However, the general manager and his team have gone out of their way to make my stay a pleasant and friendly one.

Yes, the hotel could do with the odd lick of paint here and there - but so does my own home for that matter !

If you require a hotel that is well within walking distance of Bradford City Centre, inexpensively priced and with complimentary breakfast, internet access and newspaper thrown in, then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Allen S

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We do aim to offer good value and have staff we will remember you as a person not just another guest.
The rates all include free breakfast and Wifi in all areas of the hotel and now you can even purchase access to the Gym for all for only £2.50 day.

Your comments will be passed onto all concerned and i trust will will contiune to see you using our hotel in the coming months

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on business and it's definitely gone downhill since I visited last year.
At check in the keycard they gave me didn't work & I had to go back to reception to get a replacement. Once inside the room, I was particularly disappointed as there were only 2 small spotlights working and the room was dingy. The TV was small with a poor picture and the double glazing didn't work properly as the street noise came through. The room was cold & even when I turned the heater up it made little difference as the heat went straight out the window.
The bed was comfortable.
Breakfast is really not that good, but as it's free I don't suppose I can complain too much.
The best thing about this hotel is that it's situated right next to a cinema, casino, bowling alley & 3 restaurants (Nandos, F&Bs and Pizza Hut).
Not much choice around the area, but not sure I'd stop here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Whukev

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am sorry that you found your room disapointing, i can only assume that when you entered the room only the two bedside spotlights came on.
As you are aware the hotel is located in the city centre which does then mean that some rooms may get traffic noise at times. We do however have well over half of our rooms not facing the road so a quieter one can be requested on booking or check in.
The free hot breakfast overs a full range of cold items togeather with sausage, scrambled egg and beans, as you did not expand further on your comment about breakfast it is difficult for me to judge what you though was not good.