Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
$98
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
$51
Priceline
$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspizza hutbowling alleycar parkleisure complexleisure exchangebeanshi expressfrankie and bennyssofa bedhollywood bowlfree wifishort walkbreakfast was includedkey cardhotel is situatedbradford city centrebudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and found it really useful as the location was perfect.

Originally I booked into the Premier Inn by accident. Luckily they called me to check I knew that there was no car park and that they had been open for only a few months. That's when I realised I'd booked into the wrong hotel. I cancelled the Premier Inn and booked into the Holiday Inn instead. Big mistake! The check-in was great but when I got to the room (321) there was a problem with the window frame. It was like the window was open. Lots of drafts and lots of noise! The traffic noise was awful. At 1am, I was close to checking out and driving 2 hours home. I could not get any sleep at all. Before going to bed, I decided to have a quick beer in the bar. They only sell low strength beer at high prices. The lager is only Becks Vier at 4% and for bitter it was Boddingtons at 3.5%. The only regular beer I could find was Perroni (5%) at an eye-watering £3.85 for a 330ml bottle! I guess that's why the bar was completely empty.

When I checked out very tired after no sleep due to the room noise, I complained about the window problem and they didn't seem to care, shruggling it off, but enjoying charging my card, so I'm assuming they expected it. If you are anything but a very heavy heavy sleeper do not stay here, or sleep in your car (at least it's free)

Was a great place to stay, but now if you live within 2 hours, GO HOME! You will regret staying here.

Room Tip: If your room was like mine, you are probably better off sleeping in your car
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Istate75

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am sorry that you found the room required some maintanence. If you had reported this to reception we would have been able to move your room.
The hotel bar does offer a range of products and the prices are competitive with other outlets on the complex. It is not unusal for the hotel bar to be quiet at one in the morning most days due to the mix of clients that stay in the hotel.

Once again i am sorry that the hotel did not meet with your expectations on this occasion

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my husband's first trip to a hotel without me after 24years of marriage and he was very nervous! He was staying overnight waiting for our son and had a 7 hour trip up the M1 from Windsor. So, arriving exhausted, he was very pleasantly suprised. The room was spotless, large and the bed extremely comfortable. The en suite was large and the shower was perfect. All in all he had a great night's sleep and left feeling refreshed. Can't comment on breakfast because he didn't go down for it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Tracy W

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a service that enabled your husband to have a restful night without you. The saying- Behind a good man there is always a good woman springs to mind.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be travelling to bradford again

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here with coach party weekend Very good clean rooms. Evening meal good, but was disappointed with the breakfast only scrambled egg sausage and beans. Have always found with these holiday express hotels you get a good evening meal or a great breakfast, never both.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jf40

Thank you for taking the time to wirte a review on your recent stay.

I am pleased that you found the hotel meet your requirements following your stay with a coach tour. The Holiday Inn Express Brand offers a free full continental breakfast that includes Hot Items and i am sorry if this was not made clear to you by the agent you booked with.

Your comments regarding your room will be passed onto the housekeeping team

Reviewed October 1, 2012

just come back from a long weekend very clean helpful staff nothing a bother breakfast all you could wish for comfy bed clean bathroom would definately recomend cheap price cheerful place. great location bowling cinema resteraunts and take aways all around hotel. 5 minuet walk into town great shops and market and pubs it is very hilly so need to be good underfoot . bus and train station just over the road

Room Tip: second floor very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda C

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at us.

I will pass on your comments to the team, the hotel is committed to offering a friendly service and i am glad that they delivered this to you.
The hotel is indeed well located to explore Bradford and the surrounding areas, but i agree you do need good footware but if nothing else the hills do keep us fit

We look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Bradford again

Reviewed September 30, 2012

A pretty good place to stay, considering it's only £35 a night.
When you press '2' in the lift for Reception, on arrival at the 2nd floor you will be fooled by the computerised voice announcing "Level One" - when the doors open, that long fixture resembling a reception desk is indeed Reception on the 2nd floor; the computerised voice woman cannot count.
Check-in was straightforward and staff were friendly; our party had two non-smoking rooms and one smoking. They were pretty much identical and were well presented, clean and tidy.
I wasn't blown away by the breakfast because I don't care much for scrambled eggs, but I won't let my dietary fussiness knock it down a mark because it seemed hot and edible.
The parking arrangement is perfect, with the adjacent multi-storey (park on Level 4) with a discount available if you present your ticket at hotel reception for scanning before departure.
All in all, an excellent place to be based when visiting Bradford - convenient city-centre, easy parking, comfy night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DeanLong, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Xopher147

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you found the hotel to be value for money, booking your stay 21days in advance offers the very best rates for guests the ideal option if you know your plans will not be changing.
We are in the process of fixing the floor caller in the lift a newly installed part was not programmed correctly.

We look forward to welcoming you again should you be back in Bradford on your travels