“Fabulous food!”
Review of Punjab Sweet House

Punjab Sweet House
Reserve with OpenTable
Punjab Sweet House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 739 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This has been established for many many years in Bradford and is one of my favourites
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the 3rd time I have been to the Punjab. Food is delicious (that's coming frm a big foody. Me & my partner tend to travel out of town a fair bit for good food. This is a nice clean restaurant where you don't have to get dressed up to the nines. Good relaxing atmosphere & prices are reasonable. The home made aaloo samosas are divine, lamb handi will blow you away.. Infact the best I have ever sampled & pretty Damn good mango lassi too. Surprisingly Damn good food, puts your mumtaz, anams etc to shame. Waiter service was fab too. Happy days a new local for us....

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family and I (wife and 4 kids) have been going here for over 10 years and its fine. The problem is in my opinion it's hit and miss. Starters are always nice. Ensure your not seated next to the downstairs disabled toilets. The pan is about a metre from your table -yuk. The staff needs to limit it to disabled use and not just for lazy people who can't be bothered to walk up a dozen steps. The sweets in the mathai shop are the best ever though - always fresh <3

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very basic menu from one of the oldest curry houses in Bradford, however the all day Indian breakfasts are a must. If you want glitz and glamour this isn't the place for you, if you want outstanding home cooked style Pakistani food, you need to pay them a visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been eating at the Punjab Grill and Sweet House as a family for many years now. We started visiting when we became a bit disillusioned with the Kashmir and Anams, which had been our regular haunts until then.
It's a bit out of the way on Lister Hills Rd and you'd imagine, given its proximity to the university, that it would be full of students. Actually, it is, as has been said in another review, mostly patronised by Pakistani families.
The menu isn't massive and the speciality is, as the name would suggest, grilled food. The kitchen is open, so you can see the food being prepared. The staff are friendly and generally attentive without being professionally obsequious.
The star items (for me) are the lamb chops...insanely more-ish....spicey though. In fact this goes across the board...most of the dishes are a bit hotter and spicier than you might be used to.
Also excellent are the tikkas, the masala fish (superb) and the seekh kebabs. What really makes these dishes though is the red chilli sauce that is served with them...along with the usual mint sauce. It is seriously hot sauce but absolutely delicious. It has ruined most other curry houses for me because I miss it badly when I have pakistani/indian food elsewhere.
The curry dishes are generally highly spiced but less ferocious than the starters. The ingredients are always fresh tasting.
I don't think it is expensive at all, though prices have gone up. The surroundings are clean and modern....the main feature being a water window. Upstairs is more traditional and tired in the decor department.
The loos could be better but at least they tend to be clean.

Having spent my student years in Balsall Heath and Mosely in Birmingham...and later years eating in Bradford, I consider myself a reasonable judge of an Indian/Pakistani restaurant. The Punjab Grill is the best of the many that I have sampled.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

grilled food is great here as its freshly made and can see the grill as its an open kitchen...

curries are good also....

even when busy service is quick....

1  Thank Bhaisabs F