“Much improved since last time we went”

St Leonards Farm Park
Ranked #18 of 86 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular Farm and Indoor Play Area situated in the picturesque village of Esholt near Leeds and Bradford now offering 3 pre-bookable activities: School & Group trips March to July annuallyPrivate Indoor Fun Barn Parties every weekendFarmer James Holiday Club Childcare 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday during school holidays. Check website for dates.Contact Denise or Jane for further information, a chat or to book.Sorry we no longer take general admissions.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have been to St Leonard's / Gatmer James Fun barn twice in the last coupleof weeks and was really impressed. We've been before and didn't have a great time but this time was great. The staff were really helpful and informative and my kids loved feeding the animals, learning about milking, holding rabbits, going on a horse & carriage ride, playing on the straw bale pile & rope swings etc The food In the cafe was very good, child friendly and came quickly and the indoor play barn was great fun - couldn't ask for more, we'll be back. It's not cheap but if you stay all day it's good value.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"great birthday"
"fantastic party"
in 2 reviews
"can't recommend this place enough"
"age group"
in 45 reviews
"classroom"
"buns"

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very well organised and run family/young childs day out.
Plenty to see and do - loved the plat barn.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Took our toddler she loved it, staff were great showed you baby animals up close very friendly. Cafe was ok, lots of places to eat a packed lunch would go back.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I must have been to loads of farm parks over the last few years, but this one I felt was very good. The staff I met were more than helpful unlike the experience of others apparently and in fact when we asked one man running the milking demonstration questions he was unable to answer, he made the effort to find out and get back to us . I didn't think the charges were excessive, they were very reasonable £22 for 4 of us, and I think the complaint of one previous reviewer that they were charged for "helping "their toddler on the slides was ridiculous the slides are quite steep and unsuitable for very small children who can only go on with an adult even then I wouldn't personally take them on . In fact there was a special area as there is in the rest of the park for the under 5's and parents are allowed in free. incidentally as I didn't need to help my 7 and 10 year old I wasn't charged as I have been in other places to watch
I had the impression that this wasn't a solely commercial venture as some residents were rescue animals (I liked the exta information about the animals) and didn't feel forced to keep putting my hand in my pocket as most things were included. I would highlight the ride on toy tractors (for younger kids) the tunnels in the barn outside and the rope swings (free). The milking demonstration much better than expected even though the cow was plastc visitors were taught how use a real milking machine, and my sons loved the petting area where you were allowed to pet several animals unlike other places. The cafe and gift shop were also good value, definitely give it a go