“Amazing”

Tong Garden Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Independently owned, Tong Garden Centre is set in 17 acres of beautiful Yorkshire countryside, and within easy reach of Leeds and Bradford with extensive car and coach parking. There's plenty to see and do, whether you live locally or travel from further afield to spend the day with us. Open 7 days a week with an excellent choice of plants and bedding for a year round garden plus gorgeous gifts and home accessories, beautiful outdoor furniture and all you need to keep your garden looking great each and every season, Tong is set to inspire you! At Christmas time the centre is transformed in to a magical wonderland filled with inspiring ideas to decorate your home. You'll also find The Coffee Shop and Orchard Kitchen serving a beautifully-seasonal and freshly prepared menu for you to enjoy.For the family, you'll find Grass Hoppers Outdoor Adventure Playground with jumping pillows, giant sandpit, trim-trail, ride-on cars and much more. Entry fee applies.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This garden centre has some very interesting items you will not see many places! There xmas display was amazing and they had a snow machine !!
Will defo be visiting again

1  Thank Brian6575

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Called today for a real Christmas Tree, the lady was very helpful and explained the different types.Netted quickly and efficiently. Looked for a star for the tree,lady on gift ware very helpful ,actually ran around and found me the last one . Impressed with customer service although the stock looks dated and overpriced. I can find more up to date decorations at Matalan and for less money.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just been to tong garden centre .what a load of rubbish .been to many garden centres but this is the worst one .staff not friendly at all not any organisation . Went into the restaurant for the carvery well what a let down . The food was cold by the time we had paid so I took it back .came out with fresh ones but really tasteless .dont waste your money .

3  Thank jill555
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

As a garden centre im sure it has everything you would want, seems quite expensive and some of the things look like they are from the 1980's! The worst thing is the pets section, the rabbits have very little room in tiny cages, especially the larger ones, kids were leaning over one rabbit enclosure trying to pet them and scaring them
more! No staff on hand to watch over the animals.... birds also have little room trying to fly in such an enclosed space! I dont think the RSPCA would approve. I'll be calling them.

Wanted to take my little boy to see santa, queue was far too long and at £8 (£5 to get in and £3 for a photo) it seemed a little ridiculous.

Wont go again

2  Thank h011ybush
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recently called in at Tong Garden Centre hoping for some kind of inspiration, I walked through to the well stocked shrub area and explained my task in hand. I was advised on the suitability of plants and questioned as to my type of soil and direction my garden faces, and they advised me accordingly. Obviously Im not a gardener and I explained this, I was shown low maintenence shrubs....brilliant, lovely people.

1  Thank palmera5