“great”
Review of Alhambra Theatre

Alhambra Theatre
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alhambra Theatre is regarded as the North's premier touring venue and hosts the best in large scale entertainment from ballet and opera to variety and comedy, musicals, drama and Yorkshire's biggest panto.The venue seats 1,400 people and is a popular choice for major touring companies including Northern Ballet Theatre, Matthew Bourne's New Adventures and David Ian Productions (Chicago, Grease, The Sound of Music). It has staged major West End shows including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Miss Saigon. It is a member of The Dance Consortium, a group of theatres who work together to bring the best in international dance to the UK.The Alhambra also offers a unique and unrivalled setting for meetings, events, corporate hospitality and conferences in Bradford.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

As the alhambra always is, great. Didn't let me down. Great service, very clean and enjoyable trip. Visit the alhambra 2-3 times a year and always is a fantastic trip for the whole family & spectacular shows.

1  Thank Sadie186408

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to see Yes Prime Minister in April 2013. Clearly not as funny as the original but decent entertainment. Had seats in the Stalls which while providing decent leg room, were very uncomfortable.

4  Thank Rhinomike1958
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Last night I recalled why I had stopped going here many many years ago!
We went to see "High Society" and were in the Dress Circle on row A.
My legs were killing me, my partners legs were cramping up big style and that was on row A, can't think what the other rows would be like....oh yes I can.....unbearable, well for us anyway.

I am sorry to say but the attendance was very poor on that evening, less than half full I would say.
Some did not come back after half time either!
I had friends who said the same about Tuesdays performance.

A great shame really as nearly all the cast put heart and soul in to it.
A special mention for the young girl, she was brilliant.
This is not one of Cole Porters most popular shows, so maybe that was why the attendance was not as good as I would of expected.

The theatre itself is quite lovely, sort of quaint.
It seems to of had a cosmetic makeover in the bar areas and there is a restaurant as well on one floor.
All very clean and pristine looking, the bar areas lack the character though that one would expect at a place of this age.
Too modern, wipe clean table tops and bright lighting.
Personal taste in the end to what you like....

I must say that the whole place was very clean and all staff we came into contact with were polite and an asset to the place.
I wish them well.

3  Thank whatnamecaniuse
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This theatre stages shows as good as any I have seen in the West End, the seats are well arranged and very comfortable. There is a fine bar and cafe where you can get a pre-ordered drink in the interval, You have an excellent view and audio experience from anywhere in the auditorium. Only dislike, the toilets could do with an upgrade.

2  Thank JOE_FAGIN
Reviewed April 5, 2013

One of my favourite theatres. The shows are always good and the theatre is very comfortable. There is a good restaurant as well for a meal before the show which is handy if you are going straight from work. Room to move about on each floor.

2  Thank Betty E