I've stayed here countless times on business over the last couple of years so I feel this is a fair assessment... I've been fairly happy with the hotel over the years until my last couple of trips.
On the last two occasions the key to my room didn't work - hardly surprising given that I was given to the wrong room and thus traipsing all my luggage up and down to change this.
The food has been in decline for a couple of years - something as simple as a burger is often is just a tasteless slab of meat, the curry ok, the pizzas are wet with oil and I'd love to know what the fish and chips are like but they don't seem to like ordering any in for me to try... Desert has been interesting - last time I ordered a chocolate cake I couldn't get my fork through it. Suffice to say it was the last one... Breakfast was also an experience - warm milk for the cereal and when asked if they had any fresh milk, I was just sternly told "it is"...
Most of the carpets in the corridors are patched up with black tape where they have worn away - I can't see any money has been spent on the place in quite some time.
I did experience a new low on my last trip though... an unflushed toilet from the last person in the room. Put it this way, it wasn't a bit of wee.....
To also be fair there are some positives; the location is excellent - just off the M606 and plenty of parking. The bar is quite good and I've heard good things about the function rooms and weddings.
Walls are quite thin too so you can tell when someone flicks a switch or turns their tv on and off.
A bit of money on doing the place up, sorting out the food and general care by the staff could really turn the place back to as it was but for now I won't be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm 'Yorkshire' welcome is waiting for you at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel Leeds/Bradford. One of the largest, AA 4-star independent and purpose built Conference and Events venues in the North. The Hotel is ideally located right at the heart of the M1/M62 motorway network. This prominent and popular location regularly plays host to large scale conferences, dinner dances, weddings and special events. For business or leisure, BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel Leeds/Bradford really does deliver the complete package. Our facilities include: *131 freshly refurbished en-suite bedrooms*Conference and events facilities for up to 1,000 delegates*Award winning Four Seasons Brasserie, delivering locally sourced Yorkshire produce *Leisure facilities including pool, spa, sauna, steam room and gym*500 free on-site fully illuminated car parking spaces.*Free Wi-Fi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Leeds / Bradford Hotel Bradford
- Cedar Court Hotel Leeds Bradford