“Property not a true 4*...it's clean but dated.”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
ENGLAND
“Property not a true 4*...it's clean but dated.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on a special offer, paying just under £30 for room only so expectations were reasonable but not expecting 5* luxury.

Easy to find hotel, at the end of the M606. Next to a McDonalds if you're feeling peckish, and not too far from a Toby Carvery too, plus the obvious curry houses. Plenty of well lit parking too.

Reception were efficient and helpful, when we asked for a quiet room due to the 2 wedding receptions taking place at the hotel that evening

The bedroom we were given was on the ground floor, and was adequate in size and facilities. However it was in need of a revamp....nothing damaged or broken but just tired. Think nothing updated since late 80's. The bathroom lacked handsoap, yet had the obligatory sewing kit!

For the money we paid we were happy with the quality of the accomodation. However just don't pay too much for it or you'll be disappointed.

Shame to see that noone had collected the room service tray that had been left outside one of the rooms from 8pm as it was still there the next morning.

Would i recommend it to others. Yes if you can get the hotel at a cheap enough price and didn't need to be in the centre of Bradford, but there are probably better hotels for similar money such as HI Express, Premier Inn, etc

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if there's a wedding / function going on
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel at the end of the M606 is ideal for 1 or 2 nights if you are on a business trip. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable, room service is also very quick. Evening meal in restaurant is ok, or you can eat from the bar menu which is ok. Overall this hotel feels as though it is geared up for the business traveller, however is you need a base in Bradford because you a touring the area with your wife/partner it would suffice, not really a family hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 27th July 2013 and it was absolutely brilliant. All of the staff were so lovely and helpful and really made our day so special anything they could do for us they would. The food was brilliant on the sit down meal and even the evening meal, my son was most impressed with the crazy zoo ice cream. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who was planning there wedding it really is a beautiful hotel and you couldn't ask for anybody better to help make your day the most amazing unforgettable day ever. We even received a voucher from the hotel to go for a meal and wine on our first anniversary. It really is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading previous reviews I was a bit hesitant when my company told me I would be staying here for two nights, for business purposes, but as I can't choose where I stay I had to go.

However, I was shocked when I arrived as to how nice the hotel was, the reception area is a good size with a bar and plenty of seating area. Check in was easy and quick, thanks to Matt.

When I arrived at my room I was happy to see that it was a double, with a desk area so I could prepare for my meeting the following morning. The room was very clean, quite a good size however it was not as modern as other hotels I have been to, but that wasn't a major concern to me. Selection of teas, coffees and biscuits is a nice touch.

I noticed that I hadn't picked up a wifi code and needed one, so a quick phone call to reception and that was solved and they sent one up with the late housekeeper who also helped me connect as it wasn't happening for me, then I wanted a fan as it was very hot, so another call to reception and the late housekeeper brought that up aswell. At around 8 o'clock I decided I wanted food, only to find no menu in the room for room service so another call to reception and one was sent up to my room. I would like the say thanks to Dena for putting up with my many requests and always been happy to help with.

My two nights stay here was such a joy and I would recommend to anyone and would most certainly be back. All the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Matt, Dena & Gareth at the spa.

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

stayed in the hotel last week and I never usually leave reviews however I experienced a rather awkward personal situation and would just like to say the girl on reception (Leah) I believe her name was literally helped me way beyond expectation I would like say thanks to the individual girl and making my stay pleasurable

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a sikh wedding at this venue on 21st of july which as people know can go a bit crazy .Firstly I would like to say how nice the room was and the facilities are second to none . I was nervous how the main day was going to go but I was put at complete ease by the wonderfull staff and managers at this place ,nothing was too much of a big task ,Chan (the manager) and his staff Chloe, Bobby,Demi,Amie,Tom ,Brooke,Ben ,Dan were excellent and catered for our every need .Jack ,Jade and Chan were so calming and knew exactly how and what to do that it made my life so stress free . This venue is definately a must for anyone looking to book a indian wedding as the room and the staff make it so hard to choose anywhere else .Thank you again for a great day and wonderful staff ! Kash

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here about five times now while travelling on business. Spoke to Kaly and Leah on reception who were extremely helpful. These ladies make the experience of living away from home just that little bit more comfortable. They were always bright and cheerful, something you need when you're tired and hot! Nothing was also too much trouble for them.

The place is always spotless, and the rooms are a good size. Free WiFi is available, my only complaint with which is you need a passcode to access it, and there is a 200MB download, and 50MB upload limit. I used the network one morning to Skype to my office, and bombed out after 50 mins.

The Pool and Spa are clean and there are staff on hand to help you should you need it. It is a welcome option after travelling long distances.

My only complaint, is that the place is often fully booked so get in early during the day, and don't leave it till the last minute!