Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“top”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

we stayed here last year this hotel was very clean and freindly the rooms were great the bed was very soft and clean the staff were great and the meals were top notch the bar prices were ok and great choice of drinks great place to explore the surrounding area very clean hotel

Room Tip: lower floor we stayed
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steven n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Attended here for a function, which included a sit down meal.
The best part about it was the wecolme on arrival, as we were shown directly where we needed to be.
The bar staff were unorganised and seemed unable to cope with the fact that certain drinks had been put on offer for the evening.
The food was distinctly average, and the service was so slow it was ridiculous. With it taking almost 2.5 hours to serve a basic 3 course meal.
Service itseld was shoddy at best, we were given coffee at the end of the meal and then had to attract the attention of another member of the waiting staff as after 10 minutes we'd still not recieved and milk or sugar !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked by employer but I kind of wished I had booked an alternative.

On arrival I explained that this was my first visit and reception were welcoming and pointed me in the right direction for my room.

After a very long drive (3.5hours) I was hoping for the minimum of clean , warm and welcoming room.... I was disappointed

The room: good size, with desk and comfy chair with round table. LCD television wall mounted and rare sight of a trouser press!

There were 5 holes in the wall , two lamps didn't work , the bathroom floor needed a good clean and there was a whiff of dog smell!

I opted for evening room service and tried the 'cedar' burger with chips.... It looked great but didn't taste it - I left most of it.

I would like to say some good bits of the hotel... Firstly the staff I spoke too were very friendly and polite - this is most of my scores for the hotel and makes it hundred times better than many stays in London .

Another plus was the FREE wifi in the room.

So an average score for an average experience, I didn't have time to try the pool or gym and I'm sure it's to the newness if the reception area.

• Stayed June 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed overnight on business , the leisure facilities were good and so was the breakfast, room was comfortable and on the whole a good hotel. Would definitely recommend to others either business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I eat in this resturant...the food is tasty and the service friendly, but you don't get what you ask for and putting food on slates does not justify the high prices.

The menu is fairly limited but has at least one choice from the basic food groups; meat, fish, vegetarian, etc...

I chose prawn and crayfish tails to start. The good sized portion arrived on a slate ...the sauce was meagre but the fish was tasty enough. For main I had pan fried chicken with mushroom risotto and I specifically ordered green bean as a side (which is charged extra). The meal arrived quickly and again it was a good sized portion. The chicken was cooked nicely and the rice was flavoursome ...however, instead of getting the beans I got courgettes. When I queried this with the server she said "Chef always does that and other guests had already complained tonight"...WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN!

The total bill was over £25 which was too expensive for the food presented.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family. It was okay. The staff were nice but the rooms were pretty dated. When we got into our family room (sleeps 3), there was only 1 bath towel which we found strange. It wasn't a big deal though, we asked at reception for a couple more and they sent them up to our room while we had dinner. We ate in the bar area which was fine. The menu wasn't very varied but it was alright as we'd travelled down from the Highlands of Scotland so we just ate whatever was available.
Breakfast wasn't great. The tables were dirty and we actually had to clear our own table before sitting down. Now, I waited on tables for a few years so don't mind stacking plates, etc. but the waiting staff were actually clearing tales that nobody was sitting at before we had to ask someone if it was okay to take the dirty plates from our table. I understand busy service can be stressful but I just found it strange.
Our key cards kept swiping so we had to keep having them made again which was a wee bit annoying. However, there was always a member of staff on the reception desk and they swiftly resolved the problem.
The hotel is a popular wedding venue so the wedding after parties kept us up quite late but, again, I understand that this can't be helped.
Overall, this hotel was alright but did have room for improvement. Just the trick if you need somewhere to crash for a couple of nights!

Room Tip: The showers are brilliant- super powerful and a great temperature range!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

only there one night but seemed a good hotel wedding and boxing show on the same night but still didn't feel too busy. room was tidy and comfy,bar open 24hrs for hotel guests if you fancy that. would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business