“Good hotel”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed overnight on business , the leisure facilities were good and so was the breakfast, room was comfortable and on the whole a good hotel. Would definitely recommend to others either business or leisure.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I eat in this resturant...the food is tasty and the service friendly, but you don't get what you ask for and putting food on slates does not justify the high prices.

The menu is fairly limited but has at least one choice from the basic food groups; meat, fish, vegetarian, etc...

I chose prawn and crayfish tails to start. The good sized portion arrived on a slate ...the sauce was meagre but the fish was tasty enough. For main I had pan fried chicken with mushroom risotto and I specifically ordered green bean as a side (which is charged extra). The meal arrived quickly and again it was a good sized portion. The chicken was cooked nicely and the rice was flavoursome ...however, instead of getting the beans I got courgettes. When I queried this with the server she said "Chef always does that and other guests had already complained tonight"...WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN!

The total bill was over £25 which was too expensive for the food presented.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting family. It was okay. The staff were nice but the rooms were pretty dated. When we got into our family room (sleeps 3), there was only 1 bath towel which we found strange. It wasn't a big deal though, we asked at reception for a couple more and they sent them up to our room while we had dinner. We ate in the bar area which was fine. The menu wasn't very varied but it was alright as we'd travelled down from the Highlands of Scotland so we just ate whatever was available.
Breakfast wasn't great. The tables were dirty and we actually had to clear our own table before sitting down. Now, I waited on tables for a few years so don't mind stacking plates, etc. but the waiting staff were actually clearing tales that nobody was sitting at before we had to ask someone if it was okay to take the dirty plates from our table. I understand busy service can be stressful but I just found it strange.
Our key cards kept swiping so we had to keep having them made again which was a wee bit annoying. However, there was always a member of staff on the reception desk and they swiftly resolved the problem.
The hotel is a popular wedding venue so the wedding after parties kept us up quite late but, again, I understand that this can't be helped.
Overall, this hotel was alright but did have room for improvement. Just the trick if you need somewhere to crash for a couple of nights!

Room Tip: The showers are brilliant- super powerful and a great temperature range!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

only there one night but seemed a good hotel wedding and boxing show on the same night but still didn't feel too busy. room was tidy and comfy,bar open 24hrs for hotel guests if you fancy that. would definatly stay there again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel Leeds / Bradford was a great hotel for travelling business people. right off the motorway and very easy to find.
great bar food and great restaurant too. the bar is a little small and the queue a little long but well worth it when we finally got served.
rooms were very clean and tidy and comfortable. easy in and easy out option for quick or early get away in the morning.
will definitely use again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Would just like to give a thumbs up to Zoe Fox ( Breakfast Supervisor) who always greets me with a smile and a positive word when I see her the times I stay at the hotel which is not always the case in other hotels I have stayed especially first thing in the morning!!

She is definately a credit to your hotel and I would just like to thank her for making an effort to be nice.

Thanks Zoe

Mark

Reviewed May 28, 2013

On arrival in my fourth floor room I noticed that there was quite a lot of traffic noise and thought the window was open so went to close it. It turned out that the window did not fit in the frame correctly hence the noise. I requested to change the room and although this was clearly not easy as the hotel was full I was given another room on the first floor facing the same road but was quite quiet.

I noticed a number of small items in the room that were damaged and looked like it had been so for a while which I think gave the wrong impression. The hotel is quite reasonable and attempts to be slightly up market and though a little lacking in atmosphere fails through lack of attention to detail. Staffs were all friendly and helpful but they seem to lack the professional level expected in a hotel at this level.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.