“Great hotel”

Cedar Court Hotel Bradford
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed December 21, 2012

In terms of "regular" standard cost hotels this is as good as I have found and regularly use it when working in the area. The rooms are large and good quality and the gym is better than average for a chain hotel. Whilst evening meals are average, the breakfast is fantastic. I feel the main difference between this and other hotels is the pleasant attitude of the staff (especially Gemma, who always seems to be on reception when I stay), which makes the stay a bit more welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 670BenB
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to the 'Hollywood Night' last night at this hotel. Not sure what was 'Hollywood' title was about.

At 8pm the bar in the reception area had no tonic left to put in the drinks. After our meal, they had run out of white wine 'because we have sent 80 bottles to a function upstairs'! Maybe Christmas took the bar manager by surprise - who knows!

We moved through the bar lounge in the Cedar Suite, which smelled of wet dog and into the dining room.

We paid £37 per head for our three course meal plus entertainment. The food was average and portions were sparse - there were no extra portions of vegetables on the table, which would have been a good way of filling people up.

A woman across from us was sick all over her table at the beginning of the evening and we had to ask staff to remove the tablecovers and crockery, as after about 30 minutes we got fed up of looking at a the sick. Staff had moved the other guests from that table but left everything on it.

We couldn't see the tribute acts - Michale Buble and Lady GaGa, as the speakers blocked our view of the stage. No thought to the layout of the tables.

After 11pm we went out into the main bar in the reception area and tried to buy a drink, but was told that because we were not residents we couldn't be served there, so went back to the bar in the 'wet dog' room for our drinks.

All in all a very disappointing evening, never to be repeated.

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight, so are unable to comment.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Floss_9
Reviewed December 9, 2012

All staff very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. Stayed on a groupon deal with breakfast and evening meal for £59. For the price we paid it was good value though the set menu was a a bit of a letdown and though food was ok it could have given more choice. And why do they have 'supplements' for certain dishes ?? If you ordered a burger you had to pay extra for chips as a side. Surely a two course dinner should include chips and or veg etc. However...this was as i said a groupon set menu so it doesnt reflect on the standard menu which looked a lot better if a little pricy for what you got having seen other diners plates being served.
I would stay again but on a room only basis and would recommend asking for a room in the newer bit and away from the traffic noise which was quite loud from 6am till gone midnight

Room Tip: Ask for room in the newer block
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank RealAleDrifter
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Dear Ceder Court,

I am taking this opportunity to thank you for a great Christmas party. I am amazed you managed to only charge £31 each for the pleasure to allow me to sit in your fantastic conference room that smells.

When I arrived in the car park you imagine my delight when I saw the single leaning fake Christmas tree flashing brightly like a beacon saying this is where the party is at.

We walked in and I was excited to see the bar six deep with three people serving, I stood patiently to be served my lager that was a bargain at close to £4.

Anyway looking forward to my I food we walked into the 'banqueting room' and again I was nearly knocked off my feet with excitement. Sat in there on the tables was a prawn cocktail, I took my seat and started to eat my starter and to to my joy the prawns were ice cold, still frozen.

My plate was cleared and in front of me was placed a cream of roasted vegetable soup, the soup had more cream in than roasted vegetables. What finished the starter off was the croutons served in a Gravy boat; lovely!

After my two lovely starters my main course arrived and credit where it we due, it was ok. It reminded me of childhood when it was our schools Christmas dinner, sweet memories.

Desert arrived, a thimble of cheesecake - great, just enough as a colleague put it, "You wouldn't want anymore."

Jon

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank JonNixon
Reviewed December 4, 2012

requested one of the modernised rooms, which was very clean , nice black and white bathroom, modern. room more classic but clean and tidy with flat screen tv. nicer view overlooking hotel garden rather busy road. would request this where possible. ate in the restaurant one evening , slightly overpriced but nice enough. not a luxury experience but for the cost and location certainly nice enough.im quite fussy and was slightly put off by some previous reviews but my experience was overall it was pleasant , and clean. pool and spa facilities good and clean too.

Room Tip: request a modernised one , away from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wilson1976
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On arrival reception staff were excellent, very helpful and aimed to accommodate requests. The bedroom was very good, clean and recently refurbished, good quality linen & comfortable bed. The civic function food was very good.
However....... the whole stay was totally negated by an absolutely atrocious experience at breakfast . We had been told that breakfast was served from 8.00am until 10.00am, so didn't think 9.15am was too late.Having been ushered into the dining room ,we waited 10mins standing around for a table to be cleared of the previous users crockery & cutlery , the waitress just flicking the crumbs onto the floor & chairs respectively & didn't seem worried that the table cloth was heavily stained by bean sauce & egg yolk, yuck!.As far as the actual breakfast , we found no juices left, the vast majority of breakfast items had gone except grey hash browns, and UV style bacon. We asked for eggs,beans & sausages to be replenished but wish we hadn't, the quality was very poor.
The two waitresses on duty were run off their feet ,as clearly the hotel was resonably full, but the staffing levels were not representative of that.
Come on management sort this out, breakfast should be an enjoyable experience , this did not represent value for the money you charge, oh how we wish we'd just stayed at room only.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Following a long journey we had a warm welcome on a cold night. Staff were very friendly and helped settle us in during the early hours. The room was tidy and warm and the little girls enjoyed the 'big sleep over'! Breakfast was very good and the service throughout reflected the good management of the venue. Throughly recommended for a family stop over.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family