“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of la romantica - CLOSED

la romantica
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: angelo"s is under new management, la romantica italian restaurant and pizzeria,only restaurant in bradford featuring the black rock grill,cook your own fish,meat,chicken at the table
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to eat to celebrate my birthday and was recommended this gem of a restaurant by a friend. As a special treat, my husband & son ordered the fillet steaks & I ordered the Cajun chicken all of witch come on a sizzling black rock slab. We were amazed when the food was served, the steaks were about 2in. thick!! We were unsure about how to proceed with the meal, but the staff were ultra-helpful & advised us how to cut up & finish cooking the meat on the slabs. My husband & son, who both profess to be steak connosseurs, said it was the best steak they had ever tasted!! My chicken was juicy & succulent, although the piri piri sauce I had chosen was just a little too hot! I ordered my chicken with potatoes & med veg, and I could have eaten just a plateful of these, they were delicious!! I then finished off with the Italian trifle, which at only £3.50, was excellent.
Although the steaks were rather expensive at just short of £20, they were well worth it and the whole meal proved to excellent. Will we go again? Certainly!

• Visited February 2013

“Little gem in central bradford!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited for a pre show bite to eat and overall had a great meal we would definately go again .
Pros:
- attentive, polite, and friendly service
- excellent for steak lovers, good portions cooked well
- good value for money (for an Italian) 60 pounds 2 courses plus a bottle with fillet steak mains.

Cons:
- really minor criticism , but meatballs not on menu

Overall well worth a trip out into central bradford

“Great place”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had my daughters 13th birthday party there, her and twelve friends thay had a great night.I decorated all the tables that thayd put together but were helped by the staff who can not do enough for you thay are all so very pleasant and friendly.I orderd pizza, galic bread and fries which all got cut up into slices and thay all shared.when the cake came out thay all sang happy birthday and made a fuss it we're just great.then thay all went upstairs to the cocktail bar and had a dance .the food were tastey and overhall a brilliant night.thank you la romantica

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as part of a birthday meal, I had never visited before and was keen to try the restaurant out. The staff were very friendly and were good with the small kids. The food was of good standard but I would say the prices are a little higher than I would like. Overall it's certainly worth a visit. The restaurant is surrounded by plenty of bars so why not make a night of it!

hull
“Well worth a visit lovely food and service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Have visited La Romantica twice now and enjoyed it both times. The crab ravioli starter was amazing as was our main. The service is excellant and friendly and its nice to see a proper family run restaurant.

• Visited December 2012