National Science and Media Museum
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Loads to see and do

I’ve recently been twice to this place, once with (very old) adult friends and once with my four... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Paulstain
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile
The best

For a free museum it's certainly has a lot to offer. Kids love it, grown ups love it. Been coming... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ArbabK
via mobile

1,386 results
All reviews imax cinema all ages media museum video games space invaders blue screen interactive exhibits pac man retro games games room few hours free attraction free entry well worth a visit half term school holidays great for kids
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Visited here myself in the morning, brought my Mum with me in the afternoon. I love the museum. There were 6 floors of open exhibits. It is great for children but I really enjoyed it too. Lots of exhibits and things to interact with. School parties get a bit rowdy at times.

It's free but please do donate if you can, it might have closed this year due to funding cuts and that would be terrible.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I particularly liked the floor devoted to animation and the exhibition of children's stories. There were not enough security staff to prevent bored children running through the building.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a family we visit the Media Museum almost every school holiday and it never lets us down. First and foremost it is completely Free which leaves spare cash for a visit to the Imax or the gift shop. The kids love the green screen where they fly on a overboard or get chased by dinosaurs, they love the old games consoles on level 5 (Pac man is the only game I have ever been able to beat them at) lol. I love the mini cinemas where you can watch old tv and my kids now love Mr Bean, Mr Benn and Tommy Cooper. The exhibitions are always interesting with a new one called Moving Stories about to open anytime. We have net Horrid Henry, drawn on walls, animated Lego, made tv adverts, taken photos, done drama workshops, seen films and spent many many amazing days here! Just fab!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent a few hours exploring the museum, found the lay out a bit tricky but exhibits were interesting and informative.
I was on my own as friend had somewhere else to be and was picking me up later could have easily spent a few more hours here.
I like photography so there was loads to explore. Was interesting watching the families putting together the news show etc. So much to do.Fantastic photography exhibition while I was there , so much to see and do.Staff were helpful.
Would I visit again,yes I would, would I tell friends to visit, yes I would. Clean, spacious lots to see and do and polite and friendly informative staff.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

An interesting visit but several galleries were in the process of being set up with new exhibits so not as much to see as we hoped. We should have checked the website before we set off.