“Never again warning”

west yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Never again warning”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I took 14 girls for my daughters birthday today . Had my purse stolen in the skate hire room right in front of my friends eyes. All my cards and kids personal photos in purse. Manager was very good but little he could do. CCTV shows it. Will never return. On our way out we found a purse in the bushes sadly not mine but obviously stealing is rife .

Visited March 2014
7 Thank hudds9

Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I took my partner here because he loves ice skating. We had such a great time, lots of laughs! Yes the place is run down and needs a massive revamp, but we found it quite amusing stepping back into the 80s. We will go again.

1 Thank Amy G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place, except for rude staff in skate hire”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I love skating here now that I bought my own skates.
Sure, the building is old but there's nothing wrong with it and yes, the toilets are rubbish but what do you expect in the middle of the city?
However, I cannot excuse the terrible attitude of the man that runs the skate hire. I have issues every time that I go finding a pair of skates that are actually possible to skate on. having problems with my joints, I like to know that the skates beneath my feet are not completely blunt! I have taken many skates back to the man and said this to him, and his response is just that 'we cannot get them 100% sharp and that I should get my own'... I am aware that the quality of the skates are not going to be that great because it is a skate hire, however the people handing out the skates could be a little more understanding. on more than one occasions, I was told, by him, that I would not be given another pair... after only taking them back once, making me waste my money because I'm not going to risk breaking myself because he didn't want to provide the service that he was being paid to do. However, I went to other sessions when a different member of staff was behind the counter and she was more than happy to help me out.
This being said, I bought my own skates and have no fault with the place now that I don't have to deal with this man again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank nomnomnom123
Bradford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sore ankles and bruises”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Took my 3 and 11 year olds here for a treat on my own. Better if u have female help, as looking after the young un was hard work. We all fell constantly, but had great fun. Watch out for the fast seasoned skaters who don't give a damn if you are in their way. May be best to check if they have family quiet times before you go. Will be going back with help next time. Very sloppy!

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Yes it's dilapidated, smells, and was filthy. I can understand finances are to blame for that and could easily overlook it. I can't overlook though that a family session states that children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. That teens would not be admitted without an adult. Well this was not the case. I saw at least four large groups of teens un supervised and the language was appalling. I have a 13 and 7 year old and I was cringing at what they were been exposed to and the shouting and screaming was intimidating for my son. Why state it on the website if they then allow young groups in unsupervised. Ruined the whole evening.

Visited January 2014