All reviews no lift recommend this hotel family party western hotels friendly receptionist good size couple of nights coach trip full english breakfast course meal clean hotel self service pleasant stay good nights sleep comfy bed tea and coffee one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2018

Well both me and mum decided to book the guidepost again for our xmas break, we booked for 4days/3nights.Well we arrived xmas eve in mid afternoon & greeted by the friendly receptionist, & went to our booked rooms one of them disabled room 4 my mum, we had a xmas eve evening meal & drink, then we had breakfast and 3.30pm sitting xmas day meal, then we also had breakfast and boxing day 3 course meal, majority of the guests we friendly and in the xmas spirit, but there was one or two unruly kids in the restaurant. And we was served mostly by the same waitress/s over our stay, and the waitress/s where friendly and hold a conversation & have a laugh with them. And after our breakfast today (thurs) we checked out.So would like to say A BIG THANK YOU to SUE Barnes?? Michelle, Vinnie,& others and the bar staff, & ti who did the breakfast sittings for the there friendly service to both me and my mum, Everybody who worked and served us you did us proud and deserve a big THANK YOU. Would like to wish you all a happy new year for 2019.

Room tip: just make sure that if you are disabled i.e wheelchair guest make sure you ask staff to put the ramps down whilst staying here.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
suebarnes, General Manager at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Thankyou very much for your kind words, I will pass your comments onto all the staff involved. Hope yo see you next year.

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

Excellent evening
Came here with a few friends for our Xmas party ,I have tried other hotels in the area in previous years ,none of which came close
We paid for an all inclusive deal which at 1st I though was a tad experience, but we'll worth the money
Unlimited drinks all night ,service was good although we did notice they seemed to be some young inexperienced staff ,
Food was excellent nice and hot ,nothing elaborate but tasty and satisfying ,beef was tender ,my friends salmon was very fresh
Will return again next year ,let's hope they still have the inclusive option available again

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind response , glad you enjoyed your evening, and see you again next year.

Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Very nice exceptional hotel, great rooms very very clean.
I visited to visit friends who live in Bradford and I will definitely use this hotel again next time am down.
Food very very nice, I couldn’t get into the dining room because of a Christmas party but I was able to eat in my room, which was ok.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
suebarnes, General Manager at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments, very much appreciated .

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was super clean and comfortable with free Wi-Fi, and free parking. Not posh, but very comfortable with full English breakfast prepared to order. In my 15 day stay in Ireland, England,and Scotland, this was my favorite breakfast by far. We did have to walk one flight of stairs to our room. There might have been an elevator, we didn’t ask.
Very quiet hotel!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
suebarnes, General Manager at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments much appreciated.

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Came here on a works Xmas do. Paid just short of 60 pounds for a 3 course meal and all inclusive drinks.
Felt it was good quality for money regarding the drinks however the food left a lot to be desired. Also as I drink vodka the house vodka, the only one on offer, tasted watered down or maybe it was just very cheap vodka that wasn’t great.

As a vegan I was very happen that they had a separate vegan menu as not everywhere does.

I got a bruschetta for starters. It was ok but was basically a little bit of toasted bread with some pepper and a bit of oil on. My main was basically peppers filled with what looked like packet rice with a few carrots and roast potatoes on the side. My substitute for gravy was a red sauce that tasted like tomato soup. The main was very bland and I didn’t eat it all and only ate what I did because I was hungry. The desert was lovely, sticky toffee pudding, but the portion was tiny. The meal was definitely not worth 35 pounds.

Normally at Xmas parties I like to get up and dance but the music was literally all 80s. No up to date music was played and it was annoying as not everyone is into that era of music so they could have played a mix.
The staff were friendly enough and helpful so my 2 stars go to them really as well as my pudding despite it being tiny. Our party all agreed the night was quite poor. Would not come back.

Good Afternoon,

If you could please let me know what party you were with I will look into the above comments.

Regards